2. Wesley

-----

-----

Whoever's in charge of the music at this bar needs to be fired on the spot. 

"I swear they've played the same Taylor Swift song four times in the past hour." Andi complained from across the sticker covered booth. 

I laugh before taking a sip of my drink, absent mindedly watching the tv in the corner of the crowded room. "You have a problem with Taylor?" I ask, turning to face her.

She tips her head downward, grinning at me. "Is Wesley Davenport a Swiftie?" She teases. 

"Absolutely." I lean back against the booth. "I'm not going to pretend I don't turn the radio up when 'Better Than Revenge' comes on. I'm secure in my masculinity, thank you very much."

Kenji raises his beer. "Amen."

"How very bold of you." Andi muses, flipping some of her burgundy red hair behind her. Her eyes fix on someone near the door. They practically turn red as she watches the person get closer. She nods to whoever it before turning to her suddenly interesting drink. "AJ's here."

That explains the murder stare.

AJ, however, is unbothered as he makes his way over to us. He slides in next to Andi, swinging an arm around her shoulder. Kenji and I share a knowing glance. "Hello, beautiful." He greets her, completely oblivious to the other two people in the booth. 

Andi slides his arm off of her. "Not happening, douche bag."

"Oh, come on." AJ whines. "You're still mad?"

Andi looked insulted he even asked. "Yes, I'm still mad."

"What'd he do?" I cut in before AJ could say something stupid.

AJ once again tried to scoot closer to her, only to be pushed back. "He bailed on me. We were supposed to be having breakfast with my parents this morning" She glared at AJ as she finished. "But someone slept through his alarm."

"Honest mistake." I shrugged. Andi's glare in response prompted me to not let him off the hook so easy. "How long did he sleep in till?"

"Four pm." 

"Give or take." AJ added. He, once again, ignored Kenji and I as he turned to face Andi. "I'm really sorry. I didn't get in till late last night. I had to drive all the way from Connecticut to Pennsylvania and then back to Connecticut. I texted you."

Kenji slid his phone to the middle off the table after hurriedly pulling it out of his pocket and opening a text thread. "No, you texted me, dumbass. I was really hoping you and Andi had taken up my offer."

Andi pushed his phone back to him. "Not gonna happen, Hirata."

"Ever?" Kenji asked, his lips curving into a mocking smile.