Chapter 1

Love is deadly, didn't you know?

Hanta Sero and Shoto Todoroki have had feelings for each other since their first year at UA. They meet the first day of school when they was put in class A. Although they were in different friend groups that always ended up being able to hang out. It started at an innocent study session but over time they both began to catch feelings for each other. The two boys were oblivious to each other's feelings but everyone around them could see they liked each other clear as day. Even if they were to know about each other's feelings they couldn't be together. Why you may ask? Well people get soul marks. It's a mark that tells you who your soulmate is. On the younger soulmates 18th birthday the soul marks will appear on each of the soulmates. Since everyone had a destined soulmate what was the point in trying a relationship with someone who wasn't your soulmate. It was hard for both boys since they knew nothing of the others feelings and knew that in reality it would never work out since they weren't soulmates. Neither boy had their marks yet though. Seros 18th birthday had already passed and it was still a couple weeks before Todoroki's birthday. So the two oblivious boys continue to fall more helplessly in love with the other. Which no one thought would be harmful until it was.
"Yoooo Todo we still on for tonight?" Sero ran to catch up with Todoroki at the end of class. Shoto slowed down a bit so Sero could catch up to him.
"Yeah, I'll be over to your dorm at about 6. Is that okay?" Todoroki said as he walked out the school doors heading to his dorm room. He has to get ready because him and Sero were going to Seros house for dinner like every Friday. It had become a kinda traditional thing over the last couple of years. The two boys where very different from each other. Seros family was supportive and understanding of things while Shotos father was not. Shotos mom was in a hospital because she suffered from a series of mental breakdowns caused by Shotos father. Todoroki had meet Seros parents a couple months after they had started their first year at UA. They had been really supportive and kind to Todoroki after they heard of everything he been through. They were like a second family to him.
"Yessir that works, you have your key so just walk in when you get there" Sero said as they stepped into the elevator bringing them to the floor with their dorm rooms. They said their byes as they parted ways to go to their dorms to get ready. Sero headed to his dorm to get ready. He out on some black ripped skinny jeans, a white bitten up shirt and a black pair of Vans. He always tried looking his best around Todoroki. They may not be able to be together but he sure as heck wasn't gonna let that stop him from trying to impress the boy. As he was fixing his hair he felt an itch in his throat, he coughed a bit to try and help it but it didn't do much, so he took a sip of water but it came up as fast as it went down. He coughed once more and to his surprise something came out his mouth. It looks weird though, something red. He picked it up to look at it and soon realized it was a flower petal. He was really confused but before he had time to process it he heard someone coming into his dorm. He threw the petal away and quickly made his way back into his room. When he walked out he seen Todoroki sitting in his desk chair. He took a moment to take in the other boys appearance. Todoroki was wearing some faded ripped black skinny jeans, a nice black button up shirt with a red tie, black high top converses and he had some chains hooked to his pants, some bracelets and rings on as well. Even though it had been four years of knowing Sero and his family, Todoroki still got dressed up nice. He always said it was out of respect but secretly he was hoping to impress Sero. Todoroki looked at Sero and raised his eyebrow at him.
"What loser? Want a picture, it'll probably last longer." Todoroki said with a low deep chuckle. Sero blushed realizing he had been staring at Todoroki for a while. He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.
"I mean, if you're offering to give me a picture of you I won't refuse." Sero winked at Todoroki. This time it was his turn to blush. They may have been oblivious to each other's feelings but they weren't oblivious to flirting with each other all the time.
"Oh shut up jerk" Todoroki laughed. Sero grabbed his room key and looked at Todoroki one more time. He had always loved hanging out with Todoroki even before he had slowly began to fall for the half and half boy.
"You ready to head out?" Sero asked Todoroki. Todoroki got up out the chair and walked over to the door and opened it. He laughed at Sero who had just dropped his room key.
"Yeah, let's go." He said. With that they walked out and headed to Seros parents house. When they got there they all made small talk for a while till dinner was done then they say at the table to eat.
"So Sero has you soul mark showed up yet? Seros mom asked. Sero laughed and shook his head.
"No mom not yet. It will one day but I'm not rushing it." Sero said and he looked at Todoroki then away back to his plate. He really hated the whole soulmate make things.
"Your birthday is coming up soon right Todo?" Sero said to him. Todoroki looked up and nodded.
"Yeah in about two and a half weeks." Todoroki smiled. He had always been excited as a kid to meet his soulmate. That was until he met Sero and slowly started to fall in love with him. Then he hated the idea of soul marks. What if he didn't love his soulmate the way he loved Sero? What would happen then? Would he just lose his soulmate along with Sero once he meets his soulmate? He hated it so much.
"Are you excited to possibly meet your soulmate if they are already 18?" Seros father asked Todoroki.
"I guess, but it isn't a big deal to me. It may be weird to some people but I like the way my life is right now. I don't want to end up soulmates with someone who is gonna try to change things ya know?" Todoroki said.
"Yeah I understand that. I was like that at first also. Me and Hanta's father had been friends since middle school. We was really close and we started to fall in love with each other. We didn't ever try a relationship though because of soul marks. It didn't stop us from hating the idea of them though. But then in my 18th birthday when my soulmate mark appeared it was Seros dad's quirk. And we looked at his arm and it was my quirk. We had fallen in love because we were meant to be anyways." Seros mom said to Todoroki and Sero. Sero had heard that story many times when he was younger and he loved it. He was never one for soul mate marks. He didn't like the idea of him not being able to pick his own soulmate. Pick the person he would get to love most. So when he had meet Todoroki he thought it would be different. He forgot all about soulmate marks. That was until he turned 18 and gets asked all the time if his has popped up yet.
"Well mom, dad. I think we are gonna head out now and head back to the dorms it's getting late." Sero said as he and Todoroki stood up. When he was about to hug his mom he started coughing again. Once again something strange came up. A single white pedal this time. His mom's eyes widen and he looked at her and pulled her by her arm out the room.
"Sero what is that?!? What's happening?" She said panic in her voice. Sero shrugged his shoulders,
"I'm not sure. I'm gonna try figuring it out once I get back to my dorm. It happened earlier also." He said. She looked at him worriedly but trusted her son. She pulled him into a hug.
"Okay, just please be careful." She said releasing him. They walked out and he pulled Todoroki out the front door with him.
"Bye Mr and Mrs. Sero" he yelled at they walked out. Sero laughed at him and let go of his arm. They headed back to their dorms and decided to play some video games for a few. After about an hour Todoroki started to get tired so they said there goodnights and Todoroki went to his room. Sero then grabbed his computer to start figuring out what was going on with him. He opened up Google and typed in 'What happens if you are coughing up flower petals?' and he seen a different things on it so he clicked the first link and started reading.

'Hanahaki Disease'