[2]

Chapter 2:

After heading back inside, I hurried up the stairs to my bedroom, pulling a simple cotton dress from my suitcase, which I pulled over my bikini and brushed out my hair, wanting to look somewhat decent at the dinner table.

By the time I made it back downstairs, everyone was already in the kitchen making their way around the bench in a circular motion, choosing what to fill their plates with, and then sitting at the table once they were done.

Making my way over, I pick up a plate and join the line, standing behind Colson. "You started without me." I pout playfully.

"You took too long, and I'm starving, I'm a growing boy ya know." He smirks down at me.

With our plates full, both Colson and I take a seat at the table together and begin eating.

The table is full tonight, everyone is here. My big family taking up most of it, including Storm, Andi and Ivy in high chairs, and Colson's family taking up a small number of chairs, his father Carl, mother Becky, sister Lottie, and niece Mila who is sitting in a booster seat on a chair of her own, looking very independent.

"It's been a long time since we've all sat down together." Dad breaks the silence.

"Too long." Carl agrees. "It's good to be here and take a break."

"Mmm, how are things going in New York?" Dad questions as he continues to eat.

"Jex." Mom frowns. "You promised no work talk at the dinner table, we're in vacation mode right now."

"And you promised the same Carl, we're here on vacation. If you and Jex want to speak business, do it on your own time." Becky adds sassily as she crosses her arms over her chest. 

"You're right, I did promise. Jex we'll talk later." Carl nods in Dad's direction.

"Aww Dad, who's the boss again?" Colson smirks toward Carl.

"One day you'll learn the meaning of happy wife, happy life son." He rolls his eyes playfully, which causes us all to laugh, including Becky.

"So then, how has everyone been? Ella you're glowing." Becky smiles, changing the subject from work quickly.

"Aw thank-you, we're really looking forward to meeting our little man." Ella smiles as she places her hand on her pregnant stomach. "It's been a little rough this time around. I've had horrible morning sickness, but it'll be worth it in the end."

"Is that enough to turn you off having more?" Lottie asks. "I had horrible morning sickness with Mila, and I swore right then, never again." She laughs.

"I mean, I still want more, but it's Ella's body." Ace responds.

"We'll see what happens." Ella takes Ace's hand with a soft smile.

I can tell she doesn't want to disappoint him, but at the same time I know she doesn't want to go through all of this again. This pregnancy has been really tough on her, sickness aside, she's had lots of issues with the baby's growth, and medical conditions of her own that have popped up due to the pregnancy.

"I totally get it, trust me." Lottie smiles and takes the heat off Ella, turning to Luna and Killen. "What about you two? Any more babies planned?"

"We'd like another one, but I think three will be the magic number." Luna answers.

"You wanna hope it's not twins again then." Colson teases.

"What about you Jordykins? How have you been?" Lottie looks around the table. "I thought your boyfriend was coming tonight?"