[8]

Grayson's POV:

It's been amazing spending time with Jordan again, seeing her and Poppy together warms my heart, and waking up with her in my arms this morning felt so right. I know I have a lot to work on and so does she, but I'll never give up the hope that once we have it all figured out, we'll finally have our time together.

Sitting on one of the very comfortable sun loungers on the deck, I watch Jordan and Poppy playing together on the lawn. I don't think I've seen Poppy look as happy as she does when she's with Jordan.

"Hey man." Colson says with a grin as he sits down next to me.

"Hey." I respond as I turn to him, slowly taking my eyes off my girls.

"They look happy."

"Jordan and Poppy? I was just thinking the same thing."

"You seem a lot happier as well." 

"Jordan has that effect on people. How's things with Willow?" I change the subject quickly. 

"We're good, the same as always."

"She seemed pretty upset by what Jordan said, you know about your... situation."

"She was. I was worried she was going to distance herself, but we spoke about it and she knows it's not true."

"So, the two of you are official?"

"No, not at all, we're just doing the same thing." He shrugs.

"Then how exactly does she know that you're serious about her and she's not just some fun on the side?" I raise a brow. "Look man, I know I have absolutely no room to talk, but don't make the mistakes I've made, If you love Willow and you want to be with her, just do it, don't worry about what anyone else thinks or how it's going to effect the crews, just do what makes you happy, or you'll end up miserable."

"Grayson, Colson, a moment?" Jex speaks from behind us. 

We both stand instantly, though Jex is no longer my boss, and he has never been Colson's boss we have a great deal of respect for him, when he speaks, you listen.

"Did you want to talk here, or?" I ask as we turn to him.

"No, follow me."

We follow Jex to the pool house where Colson is staying for the duration of the holiday, and he closes the door behind us.

"Sorry to invade your space here Colson, but it's the only place we can talk without anyone else listening in." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Is everything.... okay?" Colson raises a brow.

"I wanted to talk to you both about the Christian situation. Everyone in the family seems to think I should have come up with an answer on the spot, but I needed to put some thought into this." 

"And what did you come up with?" I ask. 

"I'm still in two minds, either he needs to be taught his lesson, in the way the Viper's and Taipans' do best, or we just pay him the money and be done with it."