The Hidden Part of London

A few minutes after the train pulled out of the station Hermione turned to the Professor and asked,"Which station are we going to and how are we getting to Diagon Alley from there?" Minerva pulled out a rail way map and opened it, and pointed out different places as she spoke."We will take this train to Kings Cross station in London, Then from there we will take the subway to Charing Cross Road and enter the Leaky Cauldron." as Minerva explained this to Hermione another question entered Hermione's mind. "Professor, how am I to buy anything? I don't have any wizarding money?" The professor replied, "There is a vault set up for Muggleborns at Greengots the Wizarding bank." They continued to chat for several minutes only stopping briefly when they exited the train on to the platform.

After a long ride on the subway they came to what appeared to Hermione to be a deserted street. The professor took Hermione half way down the street then stopped after looking both left and right to make sure they where alone. Minerva pulled out her wand and when she did this a sign appeared in front of one of the buildings that read "Welcome to The Leaky Cauldron" on it. The Professor lead Hermione across the street an into this building which once entering Hermione realized was a bar & Inn. When she looked at the Professor, Minerva just gave her a reassuring smile then placed a gentle yet firm hand on her back and guided her to the counter. "Hello Tom," Minerva said to the man behind the bar. The man looked up from the spot he was cleaning and smiled at Minerva and said "Ah Professor McGonagall, will it be your usual today?"

"Not today Tom, I'm here on Hogwarts business." Professor McGonagall replied. Tom then looked down just noticing Hermione and smiled, "and who do we have here?" Minerva gave Hermione a little nudge and smiled with a nod. "My name is Hermione Granger" She said with a smile."Well it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Granger." Tom replied. Tom then turned to Minerva who had been silently watching them interact and said, "you'll be entering Diagon Alley then I suppose, you know the way of course." the Professor nodded and replaced her hand on Hermione's back and guided her down a dark hallway to a door that led them out to a back alley way. Minerva then pulled out her wand and tapped several bricks which shifted to reveal a marvelous ally filled with shops and people. Minerva then turned to Hermione and with a smile on her face and said." Welcome to Diagon Alley, Miss Granger."