6

"Hey! Little Washington!" I jump, not realizing that anyone was near me. "Cindy? Hey!" I turn on my heel, coming eye to eye with the woman. "So you did decide to join the scared straight episode! Scare some little bitches, I knew it!" "Cindy why would I join scared straight if I'm not even straight?" "That's not what it means." I scrunch up my nose, "I know what it means." She crosses her arms,"Why aren't you at work then?" "Red sent me away, she needs Nicky and Norma." The woman looks me up and down, "She got you running errands?" I nod, turning away from her again," It's better than dishes!" She laughs behind me, the sound bouncing off the walls as I make my way to the suburbs. The sound brings a smile to my face.

     Once the laughter dies, the halls are too quiet. They always are around this time of day, I hate the feeling. It's eerie, as if something could just pop out and get me. Then suddenly, I'm turning around. The sound of a sermon hits my ears from the other side of the hall. I never was religious, much to my many foster parents dismay, but something tells me I just have to see this. Vause and Piper are in the doorway when I get there, Dogget being to woman preaching. She's rambling about how she can faith heal and all you need is God. The two women in the doorway are talking about how much they hate the little redneck and I can't help but sliently agree.

    "Man, what the hell you know about the Lord anyway?" Somehow I missed her presence in the room, but something tells me Watson is about to preform quite the show. "Excuse me?" "Man you ain't got no healing power. You ain't got shit." The way she pronounced the last word pulls a soft giggle out of me. I cover my mouth to stifle it as I watch Dogget's friends scramble to defend her. One claiming that Dogget got rid of her headache.

   "No she didn't," Piper interjects, grabbing my attention away from the other women. "She took that headache and she gave it to me." Janae looks over at us chuckling. I send a small wave in her direction and she smirks in return, turning back to the redneck priest. "I'll tell you what. I got a fucked up knee. You so spiritual, come and show me what you got," she raises an eyebrow as she challenges the other woman, arms crossing over her chest. I know I have work to do, I should leave. But I just can't look away. "It don't work that way," the woman's friends shout out a chorus of agreements. "Huh? No it don't? It don't work no way 'cause you just like the Wizard of Oz. Just a bunch of show and nothing behind the curtain."

   The woman at the front of the room shifts, "Can I get an amen? All right, all right, all right. You know what, I never claimed I had super powers. I just do as the Lord tells me, and it flows through me." "Jibber jibber jabber jabber. Lay hands, bitch." I bite my lip, it's got to be weird that I found something about that hot. Wait, I found that hot, I found something Janae did hot? No, shit, not this again, that's the last thing I need. The brunette throws her Bible down on the table, getting down on her knees to hold onto Janae's as she prays. The whole thing feels a little too theatrical, people actually believe this? "Holy shit!"

    She falls quiet for a moment, leaning forward, "You did it!" Piper and I both scoff. Janae let's out an excited little noise, "You actually did it." "Are you seeing this? Are you?" "She's awfully talented," Vause smirks. "People really believe this?" Janae walks over, a big smile plastered on her face. She and Vause seem to share a silent little conversation before she walks out. I turn on my heel, leaving with her, "Janae?" She turns to me with a smirk, "Yeah?" "What was that? Do you even believe in stuff like that?" She laughs, "No I don't. Vause got me to do it." I smile, bumping her shoulder with mine, "Well you're quite the actor then, Miss. Watson." "Thanks Bluebird, where you headed?" "Suburbs, Red needs her girls, you know how it is. You?" "Back to my bunk. I, am going to take a nap." "I'm jealous. I have to work and run errands for the boss lady. Which I'm behind on now." "Why'd you stay to watch then?" "It was hilarious Janae, you had her fooled!"

    We both laugh leaning slightly closer to each other. "Who are you getting for Red?" "Nicky and Norma, she needs her left and right hand." "Oh," she moves slightly farther from me, "Have fun with that." I frown, "I won't, but thanks." She scoffs, "Sure, see you later." "See you?" By then I was at my stop, watching her storm off. What's her problem with Nichols? 

    Morello is storming out of the bunk that Red told me was Nicky's when I get there. Flipping the woman off as she stomps off, bumping into my shoulder quite roughly as she does. The blonde is sitting alone on her bed when I get there, looking pissed to high hell. "You know, I always thought that women were supposed to look happier when they leave your presence. More euphoric or something," I lean on the wall beside her. She scoffs looking up at me, "You're not funny, Washington." Giving her a smile I shrug, "I find myself hilarious, Nichols." "Do you need something?" I step in, sitting on her bed beside her, "Bug break up?" "We weren't together. Just a shitty few weeks leading to a fight." "I'm sorry." "You didn't cause it." I frown, looking over at the disgruntled woman, "I'm still sorry, even if I can't help."

     "Thanks Bre, now seriously what are you here for? I've never seen you in here." "Mommy wants you, Babygirl." "If you ever call me that again, I will be committing another crime," she rolls her eyes, shoving me playfully.  I put a hand over my heart, "Oh I'm so scared. She wants Norma too, do you know where I could find her?" "Try the library, and tell Red I'll be there in a minute." "Yes ma'am," I give her a little salute, rising to my feet. "And if you really want to help with my shitty few weeks, I know when the chapel is unlocked and empty." "Thats sacrilege, and never going to happen, Nicky," I laugh walking out. "I've gotta try, Washington!" "No you don't, Nichols!" Now, to find Norma before Red serves my head for lunch. I'm taking way too much time to run such a small errand.