[REQUEST] Another Chance (David Milton x 2020!Female!Reader)

Requested by: Art-loving-bre

Relationship: Crush

Y/n = Your Name
Y/d/n = Your double's name.

Note: Check out Art-loving-bre . They also do one shots and I recommend you read them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andrew and John barricaded the church door with furniture as the monster hissed outside. The old man was also still out there but there was nothing you could do for him.

"Look for ways in and out of here. Close them all off!" John said as he helped Andrew to lift a bench towards the door. You quickly followed Daniel and Taylor deeper into the church to find any exits. The three of you go to a large room with numerous benches toppled over each other. An alter was at the back, standing underneath a large wooden cross. You heard Daniel and Taylor talking to each other but you let out a terrified scream as you were violently grabbed by a dark figure.

"Y/n!"

Daniel grabbed onto you and yanked you out of the grip of the other man. As you came to your senses, you realised it was now day and the interior of the church had changed. But that's not what you focused on. Your intention immediately locked onto a man, wearing Daniel's face. The man trembled as he reached out to touch you.

"Y/d/n? Is that really you?" David couldn't believe his eyes. He had seen your burn at the stake. He had been forced to hear your agonising screams as his pleas with Carver were ignored. The event had broken him. But now you were here. You looked different and were standing with a man resembling himself.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not Y/d/n." David's heart broke at those words. You wanted to comfort him, but you had no idea how.

"Back up, Buddy." Daniel warned as he began to get uncomfortable with how close David was to you. David backed up a little but hurt was still written in his face.

"I'm sorry. All I desire is for Y/d/n to come back. She did nothing wrong, I'm sure of it."

You shared a look with Daniel but the doors behind you opened. Reverend Carver entered the room with Mary besides him.

"I heard talk David, but you are without company." The man stated as he got closer to David. "Were you conversing with the same evil spirits who took hold of Amy, Tabitha and Y/d/n?"

"There are no spirits here. Can't you see these people standing besides me? Look, Y/d/n is one of them."

Carver scowled at the name and stormed over to David.

"That witch got exactly what she deserved! It seems to me that her spirit is trying to persuade you to serve the devil. You will come with me now." The reverend growled and tugged David out of the room, past a startled Mary.

The scene came to an end when you and Daniel were pulled back to the present. Taylor could see the look on your faces and demanded to know what had happened.

*******************

You, Daniel and Andrew climbed up the bell tower after the little girl the group had just seen. The space was small but wide enough to fit a few people in. You couldn't see how the girl could have escaped.

Did she jump?

Yet again another hand grabbed onto Daniel as you and Andrew hardly had the time to grab onto him. The scene changed once again. Mary was silently standing next to reverend Carver and Issac was close by to the scene. David was tied up and was standing close to the ledge of the tower. You froze. He can't die. Not like this. He has done nothing wrong! You glare at Carver with a look of disgust on your face.

Andrew put his hand on your shoulder in an attempt to hold you back so that you wouldn't draw their attention to you. Mary begs Carver to spare her brother but Carver dismisses her and nods to Issac.

"No!" Daniel yells as Issac pushes David off of the ledge. He is able to grab onto David's restraints, but to the other 1692 citizens, it looked as if a supernatural force was holding on to David. Carver vigorously takes Mary by the arm and makes her look at her brother.

"Look, Child! See who you will have me spare! See he is no longer of this Earth. Only the damned and devil can resist in this way!"

Without thinking you grab onto David's arm and help to pull him up. In the corner of your vision, to your horror you see Issac about to cut off David's restraints. You launch yourself at him. Issac falls back in terror, the dagger falling loosely from his grip.

"I got him!" Daniel successfully pulls David back into the tower before the surroundings change back to normal.

You sigh and are about to walk back to the hatch until you hear a gasp from Taylor. You turn back around only to see a surprising site. David, who looked traumatised, was in Daniel's arms.

"How is this possible?" You heard Andrew mutter under his breath.

David crawled out of Daniel's arms and huddled into the corner of the tower. Carefully, you lower yourself near him. He seemed to relax slightly at the sight of you.

"Y/d/n. What is going on? What is happening?" He rambled.

"Don't worry. You're safe. We somehow pulled you back to our time when we saved you."

David seemed confused.

"Our time?"

John decided to step in for the moment. "It's now 2020. It's been centuries since the witch trails took place here. We're still in Little Hope, but it's much different than what you remember."

That was the moment when another hissing noise was heard by the group from the streets below. It was Taylor's demon and the monstrosity was limping towards the entrance.

"That's what's been after us!" Taylor yelled as John ushered everyone to the hatch.

"We can't let it trap us up here!"

You take a hold of David's hand and guide him to the exit. He blushes slightly at the contact.

"David. We'll explain the situation later, but right now you need to trust me so we can get out of here." You say as gently as you can.

David stares at you and nods.

"I will always trust my life with you, Y/n."

Even though he will never be able to see his little sister again, he wouldn't give up having another chance to be with you for the world.