The twenty-fourth chapter

--------------------------------------------

(I'm just putting this picture here for the chapter! Character in order from left to right is Adam, Alex, and then Brutus! I have realized that the story is a bit everywhere so once the book is done I will try to rewrite it to be better!)

-------------------------------------------

Y/N pov.

We all really wanted to know what was happening in there but it was hard to know if they needed help or not. The only way of figuring out what was happening was to listen through the door.

Garcello was right beside me while Brutus was tall enough to hover over us. We all had one ear pressed against the door and hearing a few lines being said. Suddenly Brutus looked away from the door shaking its head.

I look up at it with a slightly tilted head, at least as far tilted as it could be since Brutus was so tall. The creature had put its hand over the nose and was whining slightly. 

"Such a strong smell..." The creature whispers slightly looking away from me by turning its head. The creature walks off and stands a bit further from the door.

"Adam!" I hear the voice of Alex call out and I look over to the door finding Garcello with his hand on the handle. He looks at me with worry and tilts his head to the side slightly as well like he was asking if we should enter or not.

I put my hand under my chin and question myself if we could or not. I put my head down to focus on the question more but before I could answer the question in my head I hear the door opening. 

Expecting it to be the two in the room opening the door I check the spot the sound came from only to find out that Garcello's back is facing me and is walking through the door. I walk as quickly as I can hopefully not disturbing the two in the room.

When I walk in I can smell something strong in the room. It was a nice smell but it was slightly stronger than most smells. Deciding to look over to the bed I see the back of the unknown male and Alex was hugging him. 

I see that the male with no name tries to look behind him but is stopped when Alex presses him closer. I'm barely able to see Alex since he is so small. All I can see is his hands crinkling the shirt of the other male hugging him.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. My name is Adam... I would like to greet you but I'm kinda stuck..." He tells us and laughs slightly sounding apologetic even though nothing that has happened is his fault. 

I smile feeling like these two definitely have a connection the smell has died down slightly now and it was suddenly easier to breathe. Feeling myself get kinda tired I walk over to Garcello grabbing his shirt and pulling it slightly.

"Can we cuddle a little? I feel more comfortable that way if you wouldn't mind?" I ask him trying to be quiet. I didn't want to look at him because I feel slightly embarrassed by the fact that I feel the way I do.

"Sure, I don't mind Y/N... You do look kinda tired..." He tells me and when I finally decide to look at him he has a small smile on his face. It takes a while for us to snap out of our stare but the movement of Adam caused us to look at the sound instead.

"We should probably leave then, thank you for taking car-" He begins but a slightly irritated Garcello cuts him off.

"You can't just take him with you! We were told to have him here, I don't think we should move him around... He will have to go to the hospital tomorrow and it's not that much time left until then" He finishes his statement pointing outside.

Adam seemed to look confused but also slightly scared and worried. He looks down onto Alex who he had picked up in his arms somehow looking more nervous than before.

"Y-you are right! I'm sorry!" He tells us stuttering at first almost looking like he would bow down as a sorry but then straightened his back up. He looks more confident about the whole ordeal when he says the last words.

"But could I sleep here until he needs to go to the hospital?" He asks us and when he does both me and Garcello look at each other. I believe he is thinking about the same thing that I am thinking of...

"There isn't enough place here to sleep like that, we have Alex, Garcello over here, and then Brutus who can't leave..." I told him trying to be as calm as possible not to be too worried about the response of the male holding the tiny boy.

He does seem slightly frustrated but only holds the smaller male who was sleeping at the moment slightly tighter than before and sighs. 

"Alright, just please call me if something happens again... I am lucky that I live really close to you. When he is in the hospital please call me. I want to know how he is doing..." He tells us looking sightly off.

"I will be leaving already since he probably won't be waking up until tomorrow. Please tell him that he just had a small episode this night and that I helped him out. Let him know I'm at home..." He tells us and puts him down onto the bed again.

He walked out of the room and I can find him jolt slightly making me realize that Brutus was still in the hallway...

"Oh! Hello there... Who might you be?" I can hear the voice of Adam talk in a weirdly happy way concidering the fact that he has just seen a monster.

"The name is Brutus... You aren't scared?" I can hear Brutus talk to him its voice was wavy sounding almost uncertain about something.

"No! Oh god no! What is your prounounce? I can't really tell..." He continues and I feel my eyes grow wide. I didn't think about it...

I'm sorry Brutus, I shouldn't have juged you based on your scary preformance... But still... Why did you scare us?

-------------------------------------------

(Another chapter done. Alex will leave the story soon, not fully of course only for a longer bit to make sure that Y/N is a more important character. I feel like I can't focus on one person being the main character so this might help. I just need to finnish this one plotline then there will be more Y/N!)

-----(Until the next chapter!)-----