Have we met before?

A.N.
I wrote this on a whim, the inspiration came from the song "Have we met before" by Sarah Barrios and Eric Nam, which I highly recommend you if you like emotional songs. Even though it may have nothing to do with CoAi, it made me think about that, and so here we are.
(The cover picture is not mine, it's from the artist 拉斯凯因 on pixiv)
~~~~~~~~~
Have we met before?
Maybe in another life I knew you
Maybe if I try I'll see right through you
And I'll remember who we were
Have we met before?
Maybe in another time I loved you
Maybe you're the one that I would run to
I don't know why it's all a blur
I think I know you
~~~~~~~~~
It happens during a holiday in London.

After he graduates from High School, Shinichi decides to gift himself a couple of weeks to clean up his mind from the stress of the final exams and start thinking about his future, about how to plan his life. Little does he know that choosing that country, that city, and those dates, would twist his expectations so much.

The world stops at the moment he's walking on the sidewalk of Baker Street after visiting the iconic location as his eyes are drawn into another pair of orbs almost as two magnets' opposite poles, almost as it had to happen.

She's on the other side of the street but stays paralyzed just like him as the sight of his figure gave her the shock of her life.

Lips trembling, hearts pounding, minds swirling.

It's surreal.

Because they're complete strangers to each other.

Without thinking, he crosses the street in a rush and a car nearly runs over him, he doesn't even hear the horn and the curses the driver throws at him. He has to talk to her at any cost, he feels he needs to.

Her gaze is still stuck on him, her feet are glued on the pavement so there's no chance she's gonna run away from him. Shinichi reaches her panting and sweating— not for the run.

Her shoulder-length hair is strawberry blond— he doesn't recognize it.

Her skin is white and flawless— he doesn't recognize it.

Her eyes are pure emerald green— he doesn't recognize them.

But he does recognize her, no doubt.

"Have we met before?", he asks her.

"I...", she stops as his lips pressing together send a wave of chills to her brain; she searches through the library of her long term memory because she swears she's already seen this, but nothing is what she finds, "I don't think you know me..."

It's impossible, he knows her, he's sure of that, and she's sure she knows him too.

The post-sunrise sky is tinged with reddish-blue and the light grey of the clouds flies away with their rational thoughts while the minuscule white dots everyone calls stars begin to appear.

Shinichi offers his hand to the stranger in front of him, a gesture that someway comes natural, "How about we take a walk together?"

Her instinct guides her own hand into his palm, "It's fine."
~~~~~~~~~
The street lamps on the London Bridge illuminate half of their bodies as they can't help but study each other traits, continuing to follow the path that will hopefully bring them to their final destination— remembering.

"I don't know why but— it's like I feel you in my memory.", he confesses as his hand — the one who isn't holding hers — rests upon her cheek.

Inhaling a little more air than she needs, her eyelids slowly drop as she leans into his oddly familiar touch. An edge of her lips curves up, "Who knows...", a chuckle escapes her throat, "Maybe in another life I knew you..."

Wry as always, he thinks, and it's absurd because although they've barely exchanged a few words he feels able to discern her ironic and sarcastic side, he feels he's already used to it.

He senses her tightening the hold on his hand and responds by squeezing hers back— again, he can recall this.

Something stirs inside his stomach when her eyes flicker open once again and meet his.  An unstoppable attraction pushes him forward to make the acquaintance of her lips, the same attraction spurring her to meet him halfway.

He remembers her taste.

Maybe in another time I loved you.
~~~~~~~~~
It feels like coming back home after a long journey and settling down on your favourite chair, smelling the aroma of coffee and falling into a sweet slumber, dreaming of the person you've longed so much to see again and finally finding her in your arms when you wake up.

Comfort is what they get as they (re)discover each other under the covers of the bed inside his hotel room. Her soft sighs prove that he knows exactly where to touch and what to whisper to please her. They have no name to moan when they reach the peak of their exploration so they show all the affection in a flaming kiss, eager to recollect all the memories they believe they lost.

"I think I know you.", is what he affirms as she cuddles closer by wrapping her arms around his neck, craving to feel the warmth she hasn't felt for who knows how much time.

Sliding his arms around her back, he satisfies her wish, enjoying the pressure of her body against his chest, and everything is so soothing and relaxing— everything is so natural.

She nuzzles his neck, smelling the scent she loves so much, a gentle storm of emotions overwhelms her as she refuses to hold back a tear, she knows she can show him everything of her, she wants him to see through her.
Her fingers swipe through his hair.

"I missed you."
~~~~~~~~~
A.N.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it, this is not really my usual style so I'd appreciate if you let me know in the comments what do you think about it .