CH2: ADRENALINE

Washington DC-USA. 12th October 2024.

It's been ten minutes since the

It's been ten minutes since the... Incident.
I am now walking down the street, in front of the damned White House. I have never been this close to it, not that I cared though... I'm not into politics, specially now when the US became more and more divided because of political beliefs.

Anyways... The ambience was incredibly different now. I could hear some distant gunshots and explosions every now and then, probably the remaining soldiers that got left behind fighting some of the Undead... Or more people getting executed by them.
In shorts, the apocalypse itself.

There I was, strapped in military gear and carrying guns I barely even know how to use.
I was always a gun jerk, but I could never get my hands on an actual gun because of my situation... I had no parents and no money, and I was still in high-school. Hell, I couldn't even afford to go to the range...

So I kept walking, searching for something to shoot... For something to kill.
All the hate I felt before was gone, and it was replaced by this... Feeling I've never experienced before.
It was not rage, it didn't even boil. It got colder every minute, growing uncontrollably.
My mind was telling me: stop, drop the guns and forget about it, you won't be able to do anything.

But this freezing fury was telling me: no, kill yourself. Roam this damned city until you find something to shoot, then wait until it shoots you back and save yourself from suffering.
Little did I know...

It was going to end differently for me.

Later...

After almost half an hour of walking, I finally stumbled upon some Undead Soldiers.
Right in front of me, at 15 meters. I counted six of them, three carbines, one shotgunner, an SMG and an LMG... This will be tricky.
What did I do? I didn't even think twice... I sprinted straight towards them.
But... Grave mistake. I failed to notice the mutant that was beside me.

That thing is called the "Flesh Being", a mutation of the same parasite that infected the Undead soldiers

That thing is called the "Flesh Being", a mutation of the same parasite that infected the Undead soldiers. It has enough strength to stop a tank dead in its tracks... And it punched me straight into a concrete wall.