Chapter 29

Karita's P.O.V

I felt a warm hand slung over my bare naked waist. The events of last night came rushing into me and a blush crept up my cheeks. The hand slung over me had a ring tightly placed around his ring finger and it finally hit me. He was officially my husband and I his wife. As I tried to move my legs I felt a pang of pain in the lower part of my body. I let out a soft groan and I felt the arm upon me twitch a bit. I turned to face a now awake Xavier. His hair covering his eyes, all mused up and curly and the way he is smiling softly with his lips partially parted, his eyes squinting trying to adjust to the sunlight piercing from the curtain blocked windows. I smiled at the fact that now he is mine, completely and entirely mine. Just mine. He smirked at me and then wraped his hands around my naked waist and pulled my close to him. I instantly wrapped my hands around his neck and mirrored his smirk. I was in the mood to be naughty. He pulled me under him, and slowly let his lips trace my neck. His lips parted and he lowered his head to my breasts. He grabbed one and softly sucked on it while he carrassed my other breast, his lips then moved on to the other breast, my nipples hardening at the precense of his lips, he slowly moved down to my womanly area, his lips tracing my body entirely leaving no bare spots of skin untouched and unloved. He lowered his head to my womanly place and my back arched and a needy moan escaped my lips. He slowly put in his finger moving in and out, then when my eyes begging to put a stop to the teasing, he finally entered, thrusting slowly at first but the pace quickened and his lips met mine and we were both hungry, famished for the touch of one another. 

........

I pulled out a carton of milk from the fridge,when I felt a presence. I turned around and faced Derek. His eyes were worn out, his shoulders drooped in defeat, his hands were jammed in his pant pockets.

"You smell like him." He whimpered.

Xaviers oversized shirt drooped of my right shoulder and covered my ass. I was no where in a presentable form, still in my bra and underwear and a shirt that drooped over my shoulder and barely covered my underwear. But then again it was Derek and I've known him since I was a child.

"Well yeah we just had sex." I gave him a lopsided grin.

"Woopdy doo." He said still not meeting my eye.

"So what up?"  I asked

"Oh nothing." He said kicking the floor.

"Then why are you here?" I said pouring the milk into the bowl filled with cereal.

"Oh about that, can I speak to Xavier?" He questioned.

"Sure. Asking my permission now are we? He is in the bedroom." I winked at him.

"Yeah alright." He shrugged and walked away.

 What was that all about? I stared at the Dereks fading figure. No retorting comment? Smart remark? My eyebrows furrowed. Did somethig happen to him? Is he alright? Is he not well. I ran to the bedroom and I nearly fainted at the sight. Xavier lay motioinless in Dereks arm, Xavier's face was pale and his face was scrunched up in pain, eyes shut and his body still. Tears wellled up in my eyes, I ran to him and tried shaking him but he wouldn't wake up.

"Call 911. Now.Karita pull yourself togeteher." Dereks voice boomed through the room. My feet skidded outside and I grabbed my Samsung phone and fubled to dial the number. It rang after the second bell. 

"Hello, please help, please." I stuttered in between the wailing.

"OKay Miss we already have people on the way. Please keep calm."

The phone slipped out of my hand and I covered my mouth, my body shook from the fear. I tried to maintain my breathing but I couldn't. The feeling of doom and depression came rushing back into my head. I felt voices in my head and hands around my throat strangling me. Please help. I stumbled back, my back hitting the concrete wall. I tried to control myself but I couldn't. I felt my brain go completely blank. The ambulance rang. And Derek rushed out of the bedroom with Xavier in his arms, I followed him stumbling along the way. I didn't feel tears well up in my eyes, I just felt my body entirely shut down on me. I placed myself beside Derek, as I watched them place an oxygen mask on Xavier's mouth. I just felt my heart breaking. Derek looked at me and reached for my hand. He grabbed it and gave a little squeeze. 

"It's going to be alright, Kar." He whispered.

I just stared ahead blinking back the tears. I couldn't speak, no words would come out.

............

"He has gone into coma, his brain is currently failing. There is no way he can actually survive this. I am afraid that we might have to pull the plug. There is no chance. I am sorry." The doctor stalked off.

"Karita." Derek choked on his tears.

"No." I whispered.

I felt my heart crumble entirely. I think I just died.