T e n (e x t r a s)

-Kaylee point of view-

   I can't believe I kissed him. I'm so fucking stupid! I mean we're friends. We've always been friends. I was just so fucking mad I mean Jessica, Jessica. I hate fucking Jessica. And he asks her out. No, I'm not jealous. I just hate her. I hate her stupid face and seeing her stupid mouth flirt with stupid Kieron. Okay, maybe I'm a bit jealous.

But why? Kieron and I are just friends. That's it. Done. Period. But then I go and kiss him. I probably fucked up everything. And all I can think about is that I hate fucking Jessica. Ugh.

Me and Kris leave class, meeting Kieron in the hallway. He meets my eyes for a few seconds before dropping the eye contact. I messed this up.

"You coming to lunch K?" He asks Kris.

She shakes her head, "I'm just gonna head to the library." She tells us, as we all start to walk.

I don't look at Kieron as we all walk in silence, my eyes stay glued to the turn into the library. I'm dreading Kris turning down the hall and leaving me in Kieron in this mess I made.

"Are you sure you don't wanna join us for lunch?" I ask as we reach the corner. Because of our slow pace the hallway is almost completely empty now, leaving only us three and soon only me and him.

She raises her eyebrow at me, "You usually aren't the one trying to get me to come to lunch." She points out.

I roll my eyes, starting to walk, "Whatever, have fun reading books written by dead people." I say, loudly, so she can hear me.

Eventually I hear the library doors shutting making me realize it's just us two in this empty hall. I stop, letting Kieron catch up with me.

I turn to face him as he stands a few feet from me, scratching the back of his neck. "We're good right?" He questions.

I nod eagerly, "Yeah, it was just a stupid kiss." I say, my words making it real.

He shrugs nodding too, "Just a stupid kiss." He agrees.

"Heat of the moment stuff." I continue, feeling utterly awkward.

"Yeah, heat of the moment." He repeats.

I keep nodding as we stare at each other for another second. His eyes bore into mine and I make another split second decision that I'll probably regret later. Then again he did it too.

Simultaneously we take two steps forward, our lips meeting in the middle. I feel his hand on the back of my neck as I feel the kiss gradually getting more heated. I throw my arms around his neck, pulling his body closer to mine before I break apart our lips not pulling from his embrace. "Just a stupid kiss." I repeat, meeting his eyes.

He nods, looking back at me with more intensity, "Just a stupid kiss." He agrees, leaning in and kissing me deeply again.