42| His Happy Ending

Manik tapped his foot against the floor while looking at the curtains that have divided him and Nandini in the cabin

"Umm...Doctor, everything's fine, right!'' Manik asked the doctor on the other side.

"Mr. Malhotra, please be patience" The doctor chuckled.

This must be the fourth time he had asked the same question in ten minutes.

"How am I supposed to be patient when my Rose fainted a few minutes before" He grumbled under his breath.

After a few minutes both Nandini and the Doctor came out taking their seats.

"Mr. Malhotra, please take care of her more now. Make sure she gets what she wants. And also keep her away from stress, or any situation which could be harmful to her mind" The doctor instructed.

Both Manik and Nandini frowned at her instructions.

"That I already take care of. But why are you saying this? Rose is fine, right? Is she ill or something?" Manik queried.

Silently he was hoping that nothing should be wrong, it's enough for her. She had her fair share of problems to tackle not anything else.

"Nothing is wrong. But pregnant women need more care and love. After all, they have another life in the" The doctor smiled.

For Nandini, it was almost as If the time froze, her mind could focus on only one word 'Pregnant'. Her heart started beating at a bizarre rate, and involuntarily her hand went up to her stomach. She has another life inside her.

"There must be a way out of it. Medicines would work or any-''

"Manik" Nandini called out.

As he stopped rambling, his mind registered what the doctor said. He was so tensed about her health that he didn't realize what the doctor said but now when he did. He is blank.

"Pr-pregnant? Rose is pregnant?" He asked with wide eyes.

The doctor nodded, she was about to say something when a ward boy came in.

"Doctor, aapko Dr. Gosavi ne bulaya hai. Those urgent hai"

The doctor nodded "I'm coming"

With this, the ward boy left and the doctor got up "Mrs. Malhotra, Mujhe Nahi lagta aapke husband jaldi is news sunke normal honge. Toh main thodi der me aayi"