if not for you •G.H•

1963
The tears pooled from your orbs as you reimagined what his lips could feel like, softly brushing against yours. Only thinking it thoug. George Harrison could never love me you reminded yourself, only bringing more tears to the surface. He had been your bestfriend for 3 years now and whilst your feelings for him only grew more by the day, you had a feeling he was oblivious to how you felt. He always seemed too intrigued by his "love". Pattie. Boyd. Under any other circumstances, you were sure you and Pattie would get along really well; joint at the hips if you will. After all every blonde needed their brunette. . . or something like that.

But, no. She was dating the man you believed should be kissing you, holding you, loving you.

You cherished each moment you spent together; from the time you met until the time he met her.

1961

You sat, cold, at a table alone at a party you wish you didn't attend. You only went because your brother, Paul McCartney, begged you to; promising to stay by your side all night.

He left 10 minutes ago; drunk with a blonde bird under his arm. You were 18, him 1 year and 4 months older than you so he thought he could always boss you around; expecting you to bend to his will. So you stayed where he aksed and tried to enjoy yourself while he went off shagging some bird.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" you heard a thick Liverpudlian accent speak from behind you as he gently tapped your shoulder. You turned to face them, soaking in his gorgeous looks. Thick brows and sharp cheekbones. "Hiya" you smiled to the unknown yet overly handsome stranger.

"Are you y/n McCartney?" he asked, a hesitant look on his face.

"That's me, who's asking?" you replied .

"Oh, I'm George. George Harrison" he smiled, revealing his fang like teeth as he outstretched his hand towards you.  You shook it with a smirk. "As in Pauls friend George Harrison?" you asked.

Nodding his head he replied "yeah! Infact he was the one who asked me to stay with you before he left"

"What?" you asked, slightly confused.

"Before Paul left he came over to me and asked me to keep you company and keep you safe out of trouble" George explained.

"Oh, okay" you smiled, knowing even though Paul was drunk he would always care for his younger sister.

"Can I sit?" George asked.

"Of course"

Throughout the two hours you sat with each other it came to be like you'd know each other all your lives. He was sweet beyond compare and before too long you knew you'd fall in love with him that's the problem.

Back to 1963

Slowly but surely your sadness subsided as you rose from your bed; dabbing the already dampened tissue across your eyes. You began to think. All you ever wanted was for George to be happy and whether that was with you, Pattie or even someone else, you'd have to learn to accept that he was indeed happy.

You'd like to think that one day you could over someone else but George had truly and utterly captured your heart. He was the only muse you had in your life and the thought of losing him to some other woman broke you.

Making your way to the freezer, grabbing the emergency chocolate ice cream and the biggest spoon to accompany it. That was always your solution, ice cream and sad, romance movies. Perfect match.

Like you and George.

Instead of weeping you put on the telly, opening the tub and scooping a big mouthful onto the spoon whilst you began to relax in your baggy pyjamas.