19: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

The ballroom was magnificent and Soojin was amazed it existed inside the pack house.

It was elegant, nothing too flashy and radiated warmth. Everyone was going to love it.

She stepped inside, and almost all the guests were present. Nervousness took over her as she licked her lips.

An arm looped around hers, calming her down immediately.

"I'll be your escort for tonight" Jimin smiled, looking down at her. He was dressed in a black suit, his hair slicked back as a loose strand decorated his forehead "And my lady, you look stunning tonight" He winked.

Soojin smiled back, putting her other hand on his bicep "You look stunning yourself, Jimin"

They both walked around, greeting guests. Most people looked at her inquisitively but soon looked away, disinterested.

The women there were gorgeous and she felt nervous. Was she enough?

"Hey, calm down" Jimin cooed in her ear, caressing her arm.

Soon she saw someone coming towards her, and her eyes lit up.

"Soojinie!" Taehyung yelled, receiving glares from people around him but he couldn't care less.

"Tae" She cooed as she ran towards him, hugging him "Where the hell have you been!?" She smacked his head. Taehyung looked handsome in his red suit, ears decorated with piercings.

"I've been busy with my mate" He rubbed his head, smiling "And some work, so I couldn't call you"

"Oh, that's fine. I was just worried. Why haven't you brought your mate with you?" Soojin inquired, looking past his shoulder for any signs of her.

"This is a mate hunting party, Soojin" He rolled his eyes "She's already mated to me, so there was no use bringing her here. All the women you see in here, are single and ready to mingle" He winked.

"C'mon, let me introduce you to Jimin" She smiled, dragging him along.

.

Taehyung, Jimin and Soojin had been enjoying themselves for quite a while now, but her gaze always flicked towards the stage, where her mate was going to be soon.

Just at that moment, the ballroom went quiet and everyone started whispering.

In walked the man of the evening, Jeon Jeongguk.

He was wearing a perfectly tailored, jet black, double breasted suit. He appeared taller and intimidating and Soojin could feel all the women swooning.

His raven hair was pushed back, revealing his forehead and no piercings were on his ears.

He knew his mate was watching and that made him all the more confident.

He walked up the podium, grabbing the mic as he stood under the spotlight.

"Ladies and gentlemen" His deep voice echoed through the room "As you all know, this pack party is being held for mate hunting purposes; so that I may find my Luna amongst these beautiful ladies" He looked at Soojin, winking "Please, enjoy yourselves to the fullest and don't hesitate to have fun" He gestured towards the crowd, bowing.

Soojin gritted her teeth, making the men beside her laugh.

"Awee" Taehyung mocked her "Is someone angry?"

She glared at him, smiling a little.

"How's Yoongi?" She asked, sipping on her champagne.

"He hasn't contacted me, so I wouldn't know" He shrugged.