You're Too Beautiful For The Dead (Fluff)

You run as fast as you can towards the huge building that looks secure. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck..."

Walkers behind you groan and gurgle, making it known that they're starving for human flesh and skin. As the sounds drown your eardrums, you run even faster. The closer you get, the louder you can hear the people inside the tall gates.

You approach the gates quickly and start to shake them. The sharp barbed metal sticks into your palms, but you keep thinking it's better than getting bit. You see an asian male pull a lever which open the doors. You swing yourself around the maze of sharpened branches. You reach your hand out for freedom from the dead, but you feel a disgusting flaky hand grab your forearm. You react by shaking your arm, but the walker gets a good grip and takes a huge and nasty bite out of you.

You scream but keep squirming and end up inside, where it was safe. The asian man, who was identified as Glenn, hesitated to open the second gate. You beg and scream, so he pulls it with all his might and you run in. You drop to your knees once safe. Staring at the bite, you begin to faint. The last thing you see is the man named Glenn and a mean looking man with a gun pointed at your face hovering above you.

....

You flutter your eyes open, scanning the whole room, taking in your surroundings that are in eye range. You lie on a cold metal slab which chilled your neck while you slept. You try to get up, but notice something was missing. Your arm.

You stare blankly at the sloppy nub that was left where your forearm was supposed to be.

'I guess it's better than being one of them.'

You examine what's left of your arm. You start to walk towards the cell door, but your foot was tied to the end of the bed. You try to shout, but it comes out more of a croak. It was very dark, but you could see a figure sitting down, who appeared to be wearing a hat, "Thank God you didn't die. I wanted to meet you personally."

"Who are you? Where are you? Where am I?" you ramble out questions quickly.

You can hear him scoff. "My name isn't important. I'm right here," he steps closer so you can see him a little clearer, "And you're right there."

He points at you. You already don't know how to feel about him. He was cute, but an asshole. "What is important... is your name. What is it?"

You stare at him blankly, trying to find your voice, "It's (Y/N)."

The boy nods slowly, "Well I should tell the others you're up. Glad to see you alive."

He begins to spin and walk away. He quickly turns around, "Oh. By the way, you look cute when you sleep. Just saying," he says in midst of spinning around on his heel again.

You immediately blush and push back your greasy hair that you haven't washed for awhile.

You counted the seconds it took for them to get back. It was a total of 967 seconds of waiting patiently. An older gentleman that also looked really dirty approached the cell door.

"Hello, (Y/N). That's your name, correct?"

You nod slowly, and he nods back. "Good. I'm Rick. I'd like to chat with you before we let you out."

He's very monotone. You nod again, afraid to speak.

"I want you to understand something. If you try anything, one of us will kill you without any hesitation, okay?"

He's very straightforward, and that scares you. Which makes you believe him, without a doubt.

"Okay... well can I leave now? Just for a second. I need some fresh air, please?"

He stares for a moment, but gets up and lets you out. Rick guides you towards the door and opens it. You take a step out, and jog out and fall in the grass. You loved the feeling of sunlight on your skin. The grass tickled your skin, and you rise up. There were no sounds of the dead screeching for human flesh. Closing your eyes, you listen to silence for once in your apocolyptic life. However, a voice interrupts your nice vacation from noise.

"Hey there. My name is Carl."

****************

This is another request that I actually enjoyed writing! Throwback to the prison am I right? :) This chapter is dedicated to the requestee..requester... Idk what the word is...