You're It (Fluff)

"Stop running!" Carl playfully demands you. You giggle to yourself, hiding behind a rack of clothing. You slow your breathing so he doesn't hear you. He shuffles through racks of shirts.

You got yourself into a round of tag after hiding from him in the food aisles, now you run from him in the clothing section.

"I see you," he whispers.

You hold in a laugh, and quietly tiptoe away. Carl grabs your hand and pins you against another rack of clothes. His smile was wide and he looks extremely breathtaking. He leans next to your ear and the word comes out, "Tag."

You both breathe heavily, and he rests his head against yours. He looks deeply into your eyes, and kisses your nose. You kiss his, "Now you're it."

He looks down and grins. Carl backs off and raises his hands, "I forfeit. You're too good. Besides, the group is probably waiting for us. I think we got enough stuff, what about you?" he asks, staring at you.

You shrug, "I guess it's enough. I just don't want to disappoint anybody like last time," you cover your face with your hands.

Carl drops his stuff and grabs your hands.

"Hey, that wasn't your fault, and nobody was disappointed. We all love you. Especially me... ever since you showed up it's been more... I don't know, light. You help out a lot, believe me." he assures you.

Both of you lean and his arms wrap around your body, and you do the same.

"Alright stupid, grab your bags and let's go."

He walks to his pile of supplies and picks it up with a grunt. He gestures to the bag behind the register and you help him put the supplies in it. You take your bag and walk out with his free arm around your waist.

Back with the others, Rick congratulates and thanks you for the amount of supplies you collected. Carl gives you the 'I-told-you-so' look and grins. Once everyone returns, you all retreat back to the truck.

Carl and you are huddled together in the far corner of the truck. He sleeps soundly on your lap while you run your fingers through his hair.

He sleepily opens his eyes and smiles. "That feels nice, keep going."

A smile erupts on your face so you look like an idiot, he closes his eyes again.

You rest your head against his and grab his hand tightly. He closes his eyes, you do the same. The only sounds left were the gravel hitting the sides of the truck, the engine humming, and the sound of Carl's slow heartbeat.