seven - Cora not Lina

SASHA

I wouldn't call girls riding with me a kink but it's almost there. Cora is beyond fucking excited about bikes and that's already a bit of a turn-on for me, considering it's been a major feature in my life, but it's not enough to get me over-excited. What is, though, apparently, is her with her hair braided back, giving her head a shake to get the helmet to settle right, one long leg on either side of the bike before I can even get on.

"Are we going?" She gestures at it, "c'mon go go go, turn this sucker on."

God, okay.

I smile, picking up my helmet and sliding it on over my head, latching the chin strap. Little does she know, I've got tricks up my sleeve. I need to win her over and to win her over, I need to get her to trust me.

I unstrap my glove and pull it off, watching the way her helmet moves slightly, conveying a little expression despite the reflective tint over her eyes.

"Bluetooth," I explain, slipping my fingers under the side of her helmet. The curve of her jaw is warm and the tickle of her hair against my fingertips makes me shiver under my kevlar jacket.

She's stiff, no longer sitting relaxed but rather at full attention. I flip my fingers around, clicking a switch in the earpiece. With the same hand, I do it to myself, wincing a little when the automated voice informs me that the helmets are, in fact, connected. As they should be.

"This is pretty cool," she comments, voice doubling over with what I can hear from inside and outside the helmet.

"Thanks."

"Is that your main helmet?"

I nod, slipping the glove back on and wiggling my fingers.

"And your main helmet just has a second that's bluetooth connected?"

I nod again.

"Do you ride with other people often?"

"No, not often," I sling my leg over the main seat, and kick up the kick stand with my heel before remembering something. "Are you wearing a jacket?" I turn my head and shoulders around.

"Um," she looks down at the heavy canvas Carhartt she's wearing, "sort of. This might work." I scan the rest of her outfit, thick blue jeans that aren't the skimpy material they use for skinny jeans, heavy timberland boots worn in to a point where I can see the line around the steel toe, old t-shirt under her jacket. She'll be fine.

"It'll work, not if you're coming with me more often, but it'll keep you safe if something happens tonight. Zip up the jacket."

"Right," she nods, making sure the helmet moves so I can see, then zips the jacket. "So why do you have bluetooth ready if you don't go with people often?"

I shrug, flicking the key and waiting a moment. I triple check that it's in neutral, though I know it is. "I figured it was better to have it and wait than be caught off guard when I need it."

She's watching me start the engine over my shoulder, so when I flick the last switch, she's not startled, but lets out a little excited breath right into my ear through the speaker.

"Have you done this before?" I ask, a little wary that she's not pulling up her feet.

"Okay, to be honest, completely honest-"

"No?"

"Yeah, my dad would fucking kill me."

"Is he going to kill me for this?"