Prologue

AU idea by GuppiePower

There was a flash of light, and Blaze, AJ and their friends screamed as they found themselves falling into white.

The day had started as simple and as normal as things could get. There was a race at the Monster Dome, and Blaze, AJ and their friends were ready to go.

Before the race, however, as expected, Crusher tried to cheat and send the group away, but the cheat, of course, malfunctioned, and they all got hit when it exploded.

And now, here they were.

"Ugh..." Blaze groaned as he forced himself up.

"You okay, Blaze?" AJ asked his best friend.

"Y-Yeah..." Blaze nodded then he looked around. "Is... Is everyone okay...?"

"We're fine," Watts hissed as Starla helped her up.

"Could be worse..." Stripes groaned, forcing himself up. "Nice going, Crusher,"

"Hey! It's not MY fault my invention didn't work," Crusher huffed as he got up with Pickle's help.

"Your fault for trying TO SEND US AWAY FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME!"

"It would be nice if you STAYED AWAY FOR ONCE IN THOSE BILLION TIMES!"

"Guys, not again," Darington shook his head, struggling to stand.

"Let me help you, Darry," Blaze helped the stunt truck up.

"Thanks, B," Darington smiled then he looked around. "Where are we...?"

"We in Axle City," Zeg observed. "but something not right,"

"Zeg's right," Gabby agreed, looking around. "This place... doesn't feel right,"

"It LOOKS like Axle City to me," Pickle spoke.

"But something feels... odd," Blaze said as he tried to think. "Had the city ever been this... different?"

"Ugh, does it matter?" Crusher grumbled. "Let's just find a way out of here,"

"Why don't YOU start since you're the one who did this in the first place?!" Starla snarled.

"Hey! I can't EASILY recreate my inventions, you know!" Crusher shot back. "It's harder than it looks!"

"THEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO TRY TO SEND US AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Stripes joined the argument.

"Guys, let's not fight," Blaze drove in between the three of them. "Yes, this is Crusher's fault, but if he says he can't recreate his invention then let's not pressure him to,"

"Yeah," Watts agreed. "Let's just go and find another way out of here. Well, wherever is 'here'..."

They all looked around to try to find a way back home when a flying discus suddenly flew over and hit Crusher. The dark blue yelped and growled, grabbing the discus that fell on the ground.

"Hey! Who threw this?!"

"Calm down, Crusher," Darington sighed. "It was probably just a kid,"

"Yeah!" Pickle agreed, taking the discus from his best friend's tire. "Ooh! Ooh! Let's throw it back!"

"What if discus hit kid?" Zeg asked worriedly.

"Yeah, let's just give it back," Stripes suggested.

"Okay!" Pickle nodded and turned to drive towards a rustling bush. "Hey, you looking for this— WOAH!"

He was taken back, however, when he saw another dark blue truck emerge from the bush. Everyone gasped as his eyes met their's before he himself gasped.

That day just couldn't get any worse, could it?