Ed.

"MIKEY!" the band all shouted in unison while covering their ears as best as they could to avoid the loud chorus of "Galway Girl" by famed pop star, Ed Sheeran.

Mikey completely ignored their obvious hatred for the singer. He loved Ed and that's all that mattered to him. He loved Ed. He breathed Ed. He lived Ed.

When Mikey was listening to Ed he felt like Ed was the only person who really understood him, even thought the two had never met.

"Mikey we need to have a talk" Gerard yelled over the loud tunes.

Mikey ignored him. He was in his zone. Just him and Ed.

"MIKEY" Gerard yelled once again, this time Mikey could tell he was serious. He walked over to the speaker he had been playing his music from and turned the volume all the way down.

"What do we need to talk about Gerard" Mikey said.

"We need to talk in private Mikey..." his brother replied.

Mikey thought this was weird. Most of the time Gerard had no issue talking to Mikey about things in front of their band members.

Gerard pointed to their tour bus door, clearly telling Mikey to exit the vehicle that they had basically lived in for the past 2 months.

Mikey made his way out and Gerard followed.

As soon as they were off the bus and Gerard slammed the door shut he quickly turned to his brother.

"Mikey, you have to get it together" he yelled.

"What do you mean?" Mikey replied with a puzzled look on his face. He couldn't think of anything he had been doing wrong or differently recently.

"Mikey, I love you, you know that right" the older brother whispered. Not because he didn't want anyone to hear, but because he wanted to seem more sincere and he figured that might help.

Mikey just stood there staring at him.

"You really don't know do you?" Gerard said.

Mikey just nodded his head "No" slowly at him.

"This whole Ed Sheeran thing, it's getting a little out of hand" Gerard finally admitted.

"What do you mean?" Mikey said just as confused as before.

"Well, at first we didn't mind you humming a song or two of his around the bus, but now all you ever want to do is deafen us by playing his music so loudly it shakes the entire vehicle" Gerard replied.

"I'm sorry Gerard, I didn't realize it bothered you guys that much" Mikey looked lost in his own thoughts for a moment.

"So can you maybe, tone it down a little?" Gerard asked his brother.

"I'm sorry Gerard, but that isn't what Ed would want" Mikey was angry. He didn't understand why his music was such a big deal.

"Are you serious?" Gerard questioned.

"I can't give him up Gerard, he's my life. Have you seen all my Ed shirts? or my Ed poster right above my bunk?" Mikey liked having it there, it made him feel safe. Like he was being watched over while he slept.

"Mikey...you need to realize...we can't do this anymore. It's the band or Ed. you have to choose" Gerard said. He was shocked, he didn't expect this conversation to go this way.

"I. choose. Ed." Mikey growled.

Gerard couldn't stand to see his brother like this. Ed had taken over his life. Gerard knew the fans wouldn't be able to take Mikey leaving the band. There was only one solution. To make him disappear.

Gerard looked at Mikey and then looked slowly to his right. They had been parked by a lake for a few days now. It was Frank's idea to stay in the bus instead of a hotel during their 3 day tour break. He said he wanted to "take in the nature". To Gerard it sounded like just more of his vegetarian bs, but he just went with it.

"I'm so sorry brother" Gerard said just under his breath.

"Wha-" before Mikey could even finish what he was saying, Gerard grabbed a hold of the thin man and started dragging him toward the lake.

"GERARD NO"

"GERARD WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

Mikeys screams were ignored by his seemingly homicidal brother.

Gerard picked Mikey up off the dirt and with all his strength, threw Mikey into the lake. Gerard knew Mikey couldn't swim. It hurt him to see his brother in his last moments but it had to be done. Ed had gotten to him.

After about 6 or 7 minutes of Mikey fighting the water trying to stay afloat, he finally gave up. He closed his eyes and let the water consume him.

This is how it all started. Loch Ness Mikey.