It's Not Living If It's Not With You ~ IwaOi

~ Iwaoi

"Oi, Crappykawa. Quit that," Hajime muttered, eyeing Tooru, who was glaring at him intently as he fumbled with the birthday gift in his hand. "I'm going to open it anyways."

Tooru whined, then flopped his head onto Hajime's shoulder. "Open it already~! Maki and Mattsun left~ And you opened their gift already!"

Hajime sighed, tapping Tooru on the forehead and looking up. The colorful LED lights that Takahiro and Issie had stuck in the corners of the ceiling lit the room in switching colors, such as blue and purple. [The room was still dull, however, but some light escaped from the open window.]

"Fine," Hajime grumbled.

Tooru grinned and hugged him tightly. "I hope you'll like the gift, Iwa-chan," he whispered, letting go.

Hajime sighed and stared at the gift wrapping that kept changing colors as the LED light colors switched. He pursed his lips and began ripping the wrapping-

"HEY! IT'S DELICATE! BE GENTLE WITH IT!" Tooru snatched the gift out of Hajime's hand and patted it as if it had been hurt.

"HEY! You were the one who told me to open it!" Hajime argued.

"Not rip it into pieces!" Tooru narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips into a pout, handing the gift back to Hajime.

"Open it, decently," Tooru finally said, dropping his head on the bed behind him and picking up his phone.

Hajime frowned once again and slowly began plucking at the wrap's binds, opening it with "caution." There was an awkward silence in between them again, the soft spurs of the ceiling fan taking over.

It was a simple summer night, the temperature still warm despite the time of day. The windows in his room had been closed tightly, and Takahiro and Issei had helped themselves to much of the leftovers, only leaving him and Tooru the six lollipops that had been stuffed into the ice-cream shaped Piñata that he had destroyed.

And believe it or not, the other duo took the broken Piñata with them too, saying something that they felt sad for it. The room still reeked of the watermelon perfume that Takahiro had sprayed on as a dare - how the perfume bottle was acquired was a topic of question.

"Done yet?" Tooru's voice asked.

He took the last piece of wrapping off and stared at the content it revealed. "A polaroid camera?" He asked, turning to Tooru, who smiled at him.

"Yeah."

There was a soft pause before Hajime began unboxing the object and placing the contents on the ground. The manual, as expected, looked simple. He just had to set the film and ink in place.

Easy.

As he began setting the film in place, Tooru sat back up. "Hey, Iwa-chan~, it's almost two," Tooru said, glaring at their [formerly] green-colored clock that had changed into black.

Hajime pressed on the 'on' button for a test, "yeah? And?" He asked, messing with the cyan-colored camera in his hands.

"It's nothing," Tooru looked away, sighing. 

There was another pause until a flash suddenly made Tooru jump. "Hey!" He exclaimed, pointing at Hajime, "I wasn't looking!"

"It was a test," Hajime shrugged, picking the photo that the machine had made and shook it.

Why is he so cute? Plus, he's still wearing that stupid sweatshirt with the alien print. . . which, I gave him not too long ago.