Chapter Two

Hi everyone! I'm Dani, also known as @thelunarpages on tiktok and I'm writing today's chapter. :) This took me longer than expected to do, but what can I say - work has eaten up so much of my time this week. Hope you enjoy this short little chapter I've written for you all! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Think Eliza. You've gotten out of tougher situations," I thought as my eyes flicked between the door and window, "If you can't get out of this room then you're obviously not as good as you think you are."

"If he thinks I won't  jump out this window," I laughed "well he's gonna be in for a surprise." Peering out the window I measured that it was at least 15 ft to the ground but, there was another open window that I could get to and hopefully would be enough to get me out of this house. 

I had one leg thrown over the window sill when I was suddenly yanked back, yelping at the pain that flared in my arm I glared at the man who locked me in the room in the first place. 

"Did you really have to pull so hard," I ground out "my arm feels like it's been pulled out of its socket."

Ignoring my question he made his way over to the desk just to the left of me and sat down. "Sit." he said, hard eyes glancing at me.

"I'm not a dog," I spat at him not moving from where I stood by the window. I shamelessly stared at him. He was tall man, dark hair, even darker eyes. I should be scared but, all I wanted to do was stab the man and get the heck out of here. I should have never agreed to this job. Especially given the dumbasses I had to work with. 

"Who are you," he demanded 

I kept my mouth shut and looked away. He wasn't getting me to talk. I've found that the less you say the better. "I won't ask again, who are you?" He said grabbing my face and turning it towards him. 

I didn't even hear he get up. What kind of person is THAT quiet. Obviously, because I have some sort of death wish I decide to spit at his feet. 

"That's disgusting," he glanced down "how about this, you tell me who sent you and I'll think about letting you go?"

"Do you think I'm an idiot," I laughed "I'd be signing my own death certificate if I even breathe his name to you."

Doug would set out a hit on me if I mixed him up in all of this. As much as I hate the man and would rather throw HIM under the bus I valued life. I told myself that I would only do a few more jobs and then I'd get out. Go somewhere far away from Doug and his leering eyes and grabby hands. I didn't think that this job would be the one that would derail all my plans.

" Look," I say "it's been a long day and we got off on the wrong foot. How about you just let me walk out the door and we'll call it a night?" 

"Ah firecraker I don't think that's how this is gonna go" he says putting some distance between us my heading over a small bar cart and pouring himself a drink.

Firecracker? Who the hell does this man think he is? "Don't call me firecracker."

"Well, you refuse to give me your name" he responds lazily "Given your red hair I think the name fits, Firecracker" 

"Don't call me th-" 

"I don't think I will" he cuts me off

I get my hair is an unnatural color. I've heard all the nicknames and I absolutely HATE nicknames. The ones given to me were never nice. Seething I say "Eliza. My name is Eliza."

Chuckling he turns to me with a smug grin on his face that I want to just smack off, gesturing to the chair in front of the desk telling me to sit again. Obviously, I'm going to have to play nice with this man until I find a moment to escape. Thinking about it now, where the hell is my so-called team? Stomping to the chair, with as much hate as I can infuse into my steps I plant myself onto the chair. 

"Now Eliza," he starts steepling his fingers in front of him "I going to ask one more time, and I want you to make the right decision here and answer my question. Choose wisely. Who sent you?"

Leaning forward I look into his eyes and pause before saying "I would rather jump out that window than tell you anything." God I hate this man. Sitting there thinking he's all high and mighty. You sir don't know who I am and what it is that I'm capable of. I am going to bring you to your knees and then we'll see who is going to have to choose wisely

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there it is. That's it! I can't wait to see what the next writer does with this. :) Until next time! xx