Chapter 01

Thousands of people are waiting but only one can be chosen.

In a huge office, glass walls, sliding entryways; workers conversing, writing, and working on their computer while applicants are waiting patiently outside for their call.

Inside an enormous office, a brunette lady dressed in a black suit and black heels sat in her office chair. She's irritated that she hasn't been able to find a secretary with a strong moral and has a potential who goes above and beyond her standards. Either the applicants are fawning over her or they are really just unqualified.

"Uggghhh!!" Dahlia grumbled as she tossed the crumpled paper into a dumpster full of crumpled, worthless résumés from the applicants. "Annie, next one please." She said as she calls for the temporary secretary to let the next applicant in.

Annie entered and handed her employer the résumé of the next applicant. The applicant waiting outside the door, standing by for a moment waiting to be called. Dahlia scanned the résumé and requested for her temporary secretary to let the applicant in. "Let him in."

Annie complied by nodding and opening the door for the applicant. "Good Morning, Ms. Deveraux," the applicant said as he approached Dahlia's desk. The brunette behind the desk stood up and graciously motioned for the applicant to take a seat, saying, "Good Morning, Mr. McLaggen. Please have a seat."

Mr. McLaggen took a seat in front of the company's owner, while Dahlia followed suit and sat back in her chair. "So, Mr. McLaggen, first and foremost, tell me something about yourself?" Dahlia inquired, her gaze fixed on the man.

"Well, I am pretty good at Quidditch," Mr. McLaggen boasted, and Dahlia chuckled. "And-"

"Hold on, didn't you lose your Gryffindor spot to Weasley?" Dahlia interrupted, Mr. McLaggen looking embarrassed. "Yes, but I'm better now, and as I was saying, I'm also the heir of Gryffindor." Mr. McLaggen bragged again. "How come? " Dahlia inquired, unsure whether or not to believe him.

Mr. McLaggen grinned, "Grisha McLaggen is a relative of mine who is a descendent of Godric Gryffindor." "Ah, I see," Dahlia said, not really believing what he was saying.

"Um... I'm married, and I have a really fantastic life," Mr. McLaggen added. "My wife and I share a large home, I love the beach and traveling around the world. That's it."

"Alright then, do you have any experience as a secretary?" Dahlia inquired. "Not really, but I'm sure I can be a very good one, and I'm sure I can be a suitable lover for you," Mr. McLaggen replied with a smirk.

"That's completely inappropriate, Mr. McLaggen." "Please don't flirt," Dahlia said, disgusted by what he had just said. "Yes mam. Sorry." Mr. McLaggen apologized.

"It's fine, next question." Why do you want this job?" Dahlia inquired. "I want this job so that I can see a beautiful boss like you every day." McLaggen flirted while biting his bottom lip and winked at her, irritating Dahlia even more.

"I warned you, Mr. McLaggen; sorry, but that attitude will not be tolerated here; you may leave now," Dahlia said flatly, pointing to the door. "Annie! Please escort Mr. McLaggen out!" exclaimed the boss before McLaggen could respond. Annie rushed into the office and escorted the flirtatious man out.

Dahlia crumpled the résumé again and tossed it into the pile, calling for the next applicant. The routine was repeated for about an hour, but still no one met her standards. Unfortunately, the last of the applicants did not meet Dahlia's criteria. She groaned and banged her head against her desk, having given up hope of ever finding a new secretary.

However, one late applicant who has just arrived will save her day and relieve her of all the stress and irritation she is currently experiencing. "I'm sorry for being late; can I still get an interview for this job?" inquired the applicant. "Of course, sir. Name please?" Annie inquired as she searched for the papers containing information on the remaining applicants who had not arrived that day.