venti | 4:35 pm

[ word count: 355 ]

— “come on y/n! it’s raining!”

venti’s joyful voice overpowered the loud thunder roaring in the sky, his feet jumping around and into puddles of water on sight. his stockings and shoes were drench in the mud, so is his cape and clothes. the hat on his head is long gone, blown by the harsh winds. it was a good thing you caught it in your frantic hands before you lose sight of it.

“please, for the love of the seven, you’ve been running around in the rain since it started raining this morning! won’t you get sick?”

“i am one of those seven, you know that, right?” he giggled, the sound traveling to your ears despite the loud pitter patter of the rain.

“still…” you sighed at the archon’s stubbornness, letting him pull you along the puddles on the ground.

he might be immune to colds, but you’re certainly not.

you can feel the chills traveling through your skin and into your bones. soon enough, your fingers and knees are trembling from the cold, barely keeping up

with venti’s speed. well, what human can keep up with the speed of an archon?

“are you already cold?”

you yelp at the sudden proximity of venti’s face to yours, nose touching and his lips almost touching yours in a gentle graze.

“a-a little,” the sudden high tone in your voice says otherwise.

the grin on his face reached his ears, cheeks full and a little pink. he took his hat from your hands and placed it on your head, taking his cape off and wrapping it around you. he turns to drag you further out of the walls of mondstadt.

soon, you reached the large tree at windrise, the small archon pulling you under the shelter of the tree.

“we can rest here if you want,” he beams, sitting the both of you on one of the large roots.

“it’s still cold though.”

“tehe!” the archon giggled, before holding you close in his arms, his warmth seeping through the layers of clothing and into your skin, “don’t worry, i’ll keep the both of us warm!”