diluc | family business

| pair: diluc; reader (fluff)

| summary: you take on the challenge of learning the ragnvindr’s family business. although it seems that diluc doesn’t want to let go from the hug any time soon.

| words: 473

| warnings: n/a

—————————————

“love, are you doing alright there?” diluc hovers behind your crouching figure, looking over your shoulder to the grapes in your hands, “ah, that bunch does look good.”

“really?” your head tilted up to look at him, “i’ve been staring at them for a while now and i wasn’t sure if they were the good kind.”

“they certainly are, love,” he assured, pressing a soft kiss on your hairline. you hum contentedly, looking back at the bunch of grapes in your hand. they were very plum and vibrant in color, all are still very well intact on the pedicel.

the weather was friendly to you and diluc today. there were enough clouds to shield you both from the glare of the sun, sparring the both of you from the intense heat. the wind was also not too strong, a few gentle breeze from time to time rustling the vines in the vineyard. there were a few employees talking or passing by you, but overall it is another quiet and peaceful day for the winery. a good day indeed to help around the vineyard.

behind you, diluc leans down to rest his chin on your shoulder, arms wrapped around your waist.

ignoring the heat traversing to your cheeks, you turned your head towards his, your nose touching his cheek in a gentle graze and a playful smile to cover up your flustered state.

“oh? what is this? affection?”

he scoffed to show his distaste, yet made no movement to unwrap himself around you. instead, he buries his face on your shoulder, slightly placing his weight on you.

“you didn’t have to come here and help, there are enough workers to finish the job,” he mumbles, contrary to the joy he felt when you offered to help early this morning. it may be spent doing work around his vineyard, but if it’s time spent with you, then he’s content as long as you’re around.

“well, i wanted to,” you touch your cheek with his, “besides, i want to learn how you turn this children friendly fruit into an alcoholic beverage that turns even the sturdiest and manliest of all into a mushy flustered mess in your tavern.”

he chuckles, a rare sound that is only reserved for you.

“well, if you want to learn the family business, then might as well take that basket of grapes inside the winery,” he says this but remains on his position, cuddling on your back as if you’re not just outside of the manor, your cover being the tall grape-bearing vines in front of the winery.

“you really are extra touchy today,” you hum, chest vibrating in happiness as his lips brush on the skin of your neck.

“just wanted to spend more time with you,” he mumbles on your shoulder.

“then time is all i have, my love.”