Prologue

Peter stared at all the other little girls in their tutu as they tried to copy the dance teacher. Peter had wanted to dance once he discovered his mother had done such, and Aunt May wasn't one to deny the small child an extracurricular activity to distract his mind. He was barely five, and he stumbled on his own feet, but he didn't hesitate as a young girl ran over and held her hands out for him.

Peter grinned and let go of Aunt May's hand to grab the little girl's hands, and they rushed to the middle of the studio. Elder students danced and practiced around them, and Peter knew that he was where he absolutely needed to be.

Peter grew up in the studio. He performed and danced both male and female parts, and as he became a teenager, he took over as one of the main male dancers in his studio.

However, once Peter entered highschool, his dancing became less of a necessity and more as a hobby. He stopped dancing performances and hid his hobby from more and more people, and he stopped dancing altogether after he gained his powers.

Dancing seemed like an unnecessary part of his past, and although Peter still enjoyed the sport, he didn't feel compelled to dance as he tried to become a superhero instead. Although Aunt May would always question his sudden change in opinion.

"Why don't you ever dance anymore?" Aunt May would ask him as she lounged on the couch with a new book. Peter would shrug his shoulders and plop down on the floor to do his homework.

"I've lost interest," he would lie. Although, he felt that most of his life was a lie from Aunt May by that time. "Besides, it would not do me any good at this point in my life."

"Why not?" Aunt May would indulge him, and he would grin at her.

"No dancing means no bullies," he would joke. She would force a smile before she would glance at whatever fresh bruise was visible that day. They never stayed long and she was sure that it was unnatural for a bruise to disappear so quickly, but she never bothered Peter about it.

"You shouldn't worry about what other people think of you, Pete," Aunt May would return to her book and pet his head. Peter would swat her hand away and laugh.

"Peter, not Pete, Aunt May," he'd correct her like he did every night, and they would continue their work in silence.

After he finished his homework, he'd lie about going to bed early, exchange a, "goodnight," and he would head to do the job he was really focused on. His work as Spiderman.

A.N.

Hi, this is a fan fiction that I have quite literally been thinking about for a while. To begin this off, this story follows the idea of Transgender Peter and although it won't be a major part of the story besides the common knowledge, there will be moments where it is quite obvious.

Also, this is the first time that I have ever wrote ballet or the life of a transgender person, so if my explanation is -- for lack of better words -- horrible I apologize. Creative criticism is always welcome, but I'm not sure if I will edit anything unless it is absolutely offending. With ballet, I'm not sure that I'll go into major detail because I have always struggled with writing dance and the motions of it.

I hope you enjoy the book still because I am so positively excited about this story.