Chapter 1

Catherine opened her eyes. She blinked a few times before pulling herself up. She was in the library, it had been the closest, strongest building near their house. Books were scattered around from the panic earlier, and from the shaking in the building, there wasn't much though.
Her mother was already awake and rocking Christopher, her baby brother. She couldn't hear thunder anymore, or rain. The storm had probably ended. "Cath, could you come here for a moment?" Catherine's mother suddenly said. "Sure," Catherine said walking over to her. "Look at Christopher's eyes." She instructed. When Catherine looked, Christopher's eyes were bright pink. But Christopher had brown eyes... "Let me see yours." Her mother demanded. She stared at them for a moment.

"Red...."

"And mine?" Her mother asked. "Yours are still green but they're lime and way brighter." Almost instinctively, her mother pulled her phone out and went to the news. There was a man with lime eyes on the screen. "-Whether the change in our eyes affects anything else is still unknown. Please report anything unusual that has happened since the change." He said before starting to talk about the weather. "Catherine, would you wake your father? I need to talk to him." Her mother requested

She nodded before turning around to face him. He was slumped against the wall, the position didn't seem too comfortable. She shook him lightly, causing him to stir. He blinked sleepily. "Do you need anything?" He asked. "Mom needs to talk to you," I told him. He glanced at mom before nodding. He stood up slowly. When he was finally standing, he stretched so much you'd think he had just woken up from a week-long nap. When he walked over to her mother, they started discussing something, Catherine couldn't hear from her spot. She didn't want to hear. She didn't need to know. They were probably just going to speculate based on the one thing they knew. The one thing she knew.

Something was wrong.