Caved In

Bri’s POV

“Gooch! Schwoz! Don’t leave!” I yelled as Gooch and Schwoz scurry out the door, and then Sofia came and she almost fell but she caught herself before he made contact with the ground.

“Let’s try to cheer Ray up?” Henry suggested, but they were gone. 

Sofia was standing at the door heavily confused by what was happening and approached us.

“What are Gooch and Schwoz running from?” She asked us and I sighed.

“Dad. Because he’s in a really bad mood.” I tell her and she has a box of churros, in her hand, and she hands me and Henry one.

“I’ll have one once we get downstairs, but thanks Sof.” Henry says and Sof nods her head in understanding.

“Por que esta de mal humor?” She asks in spanish. (Why is he in a bad mood?).

“Because it’s his super anniversary.” Henry replied.

“Super…” Sofia trailed off a little.

“It’s his super anniversary of when he was eight years old, when he got densitized and became indestructible.” I explained to her, as Henry and I took out the items from the box Henry brought up.

“Ooh divertido! Deberíamos celebrato!” She says and Henry takes his churro and takes a bite out of it, and he smiles. (Ooh, fun! We should celebrate!).

“No!” Henry and I exclaimed and her face fell.

“I mean ‘No’,”. Sofia corrected herself. “But why not?”

“Dad hates his super anniversary.” I inform her and I take another bite out of my churro.

“¿Por qué?” She asks. (Why?)

“Because when our grandfather realized he was indestructible he took him out of school and started training him to be a superhero.” I explained to Sof, and she put down the box of churros on a table.

“Yeah. I remember Papa talking about that.” Sofia says, as she takes the last bite out of her churro.

“And now he feels like he missed out on all the fun stuff of being a kid.” Henry continues for me, and I also take the last bite out of my churro.

“Aw that’s so sad.” Sofia says.

“He never went camping, rode roller coasters, he never learned how to ride a bike.” I explain to her and sigh a little.

“Hmm. My Uncle Pablo never learned how to ride a bike.” Sofia says, shrugging her shoulders.

“How come?” Henry asked.

“Because when he was a kid he had bad balance, and one day, his friends dared him to ride a bike, and he did and he fell off the bike and yeah.” Sofia explains to us and we nod our heads at her.

“Poor bikes.” I commented and Sofia nodded her head.

The door opened and a little girl walked in, and she was looking for something.