chapter 3

[a/n sorry that I haven't updated in so long it's been tough to find the energy to write so yeah sorry it's super late. I'm also sorry if I keep switching back from past to present tense I'm really bad at keeping to one and I'm even more awful at noticing if I do it]

Hours droned on and I couldn't manage to fall asleep. Doyoung slept peacefully next to me wrapped up in one of my hoodies, every now and then making a small cute wheezing sound and moving to find a new comfortable position. His soft hair kept falling in front of his hair after I kept moving it to see his face so, in the end, I gave up.

The moonlight seeped in through the gap in my curtains and reflected against the wall making the room look a faint blue color and giving me enough light to see the posters that hung on my ceiling.

I looked around my room and realized how small and simple it was. The door to the left of me covered in pictures and stickers, my desk to the right, and a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf that just mostly has figures and random note pads pilled on there. I had brick wallpaper on the wall behind and the rest of the walls painted grey that had doodles and mine and Doyoung's favorite artists' posters pinned up. A large window on the wall next to my bed looked out on the front garden and the silent street.

Nothing was keeping me awake so I didn't know why I couldn't sleep. I tried to clear my head but I couldn't even tell what was keeping me awake. Listening to the annoying ticking sound of the clock above my desk I eventually hours later started to drift asleep.

-time skip-

Waking up comes real slow and relaxed, as if the day was kind enough to come softly into focus but then I wasn't so relaxed as I stretched my arm to find Doyoung not next to me. I slowly got up, groaned, and yawned, thinking he might be in the living room but as I walked through the empty kitchen to the connected living room no one was there. Boxes still stacked in corners books, and magazines sprawled over the sofa, I could just about see the floor. For the longest time, I haven't been bothered to clean the room since I only me and Doyoung hang out here.

I made some space on the sofa and sat down, finding Doyoung's name in my contacts and calling him to find out where he went or if he went home. It rang briefly and then diverted me to voicemail, "The person you have called is unavailable".

I realized I shouldn't be this worried but I couldn't help feel as if something was wrong. I threw a red and black stripy long-sleeved shirt on and some baggy trousers and some simple trainers on as I anxiously rushed out the door to find Doyoung.

Doyoung's bike was still outside so without a second thought I hopped on and rode my way to his house. The roads were long, some silent and some busy.                                                                                                                                                                 20 minutes later, and out of breath I finally made it to Doyong's house where he lived with his family. Sweat ran down my head and I pushed my hair back from my forehead. I placed the bike against the wall as I walked through the large metal gate. I had only met his family a couple of times but every time I saw them I was nervous, I never wanted to make a bad impression.

I slowly walked up to the door and hesitantly rang the doorbell. Everything was silent for a couple of seconds until I heard heavy footsteps and the door opened. For a second I thought it was Doyoung, a dark-haired boy with perfectly even features that makes him look angelic, but I realized it was his brother. "Hello Donghyun," my voice was thick and unsteady, "Doyoung was with me yesterday and I woke up and he wasn't there. I got a bit worried since he wasn't answering my calls so I just wanted to know if he came home."