Bad Influence

It wasn't your first crash landing nor would it be your last, you and your friends had been thrown out of hyperspace and were now plummeting towards a desolate moon. "We're gonna die. We're gonna die. We're gonna- be- fine," Wrecker repeats to himself until he notices Omega looking at him worriedly. 

You on the other hand were calm because out of all the terrifying situations you'd been in recently this wasn't very high up on the list. After you all impact the ground and come to a stop Omega hops out of her seat while the others talk.

"We need to find the capacitor then we can keep going," Echo says.

"Is it in here?" Omega asks, pulling out a random case.

"That's- Crosshairs weapon kit," Hunter says somewhat mournfully. 

"That's it- I'm gonna say it, I miss him," Wrecker says. 

They find the capacitor and Tech and Echo head out to install it before coming back shortly. "There, now we just need to fix the other systems that are failing." 

Then the power goes out and Omega screams from the cockpit. "There as a thing, it had four legs and it was this long-" she says holding her arms out wide.

"You guys stay here, I'll go take care of it," Hunter says and turns to grab his gun.

"I'll go too-" you and Omega say at the same time. 

Hunter's attention goes to Omega, seeing as there's no reason you can't go with to help. "No, you're staying here, it could be dangerous."

"But I'm part of the squad too," she says gently, already preparing to be rejected.

You mutter, "she's right," under your breath, gaining a glare from Hunter and a smile from Omega.

"Fine, both of you stay close," Hunter says and leads the way out of the ship. Omega skips her way off the ship, excited to be going with you and Hunter. "Kid, I know it's normal for the Jedi but you're going to have to stop arguing with orders," Hunter says to you.

You look at the clone with a smile, sticking your tongue out slightly, "I wasn't arguing, I was stating an opinion." 

Your response gains a shake of his head, at least you weren't trying to take over leadership and that was probably as good as he'll get. Then he freezes, and you stop as well, having heard the rustling, Hunter sticks an arm out to stop Omega. Before you have a chance to do more the creature leaps at you, you jump out of the way, and Hunter takes the hit to keep Omega safe. He looses his oxygen mask and Omega hurries to put it on him, but it's too late he's knocked out for the time being.

"That's not great-" you comment and place a hand on Omega's shoulder, looking around for the creature. 

"Tech- Echo, Wrecker?" she asks through the now not working com unit. "No answer- what do we do?"

"Hunter will wake up in a minute, but the creature will gone if we don't keep going," you say pointing to it as it climbs into a cave. "Grab his blaster, let's go," you say as you stand up.

"Alright," Omega says, sounding somewhat excited as she gets up to follow you. It doesn't take long to find the creature, and the two of you freeze as it growls at you. "Uh- I don't-" she stutters.

"It's alright," you say gently, your arm in front of her as she clutches the blaster. You reach for your lightsaber, but it isn't there, you'd forgotten to get it back from Hunter after you'd taken off, "okay... maybe not as alright, you know how to use that thing?" you ask about the blaster.

"Yeah," she says and takes aim at the creature then something changes in her eyes. "Wait, I have an idea," she says and lowers it.

"It can't hurt to try it, considering I don't have much of a plan," you laugh softly as you joke.

"Okay, trust me."

"I do," you respond and gain a smile from her.

With that she stands up and holds out her light before tossing it to the side and allowing the creature to leap at it and begin eating it. She then runs and grabs the capacitor off the ground and you follow close behind, climbing back out of the cave with her. 

"Nice going, we girls gotta stick together," you joke, feeling comfortable with Omega.

"Thanks!"

Then the two of you run into a distressed looking Hunter, "where did you go?" he asks worriedly.

"The mission was to get the capacitor so we did," Omega says, holding it up.

He seems to want to ask more questions but then his eyes settle on the blaster in Omega's grip, "is that my blaster?"

"Yeah, but we didn't have to use it." 

"Yeah, Omega came up with a plan and kept us from needing to use it, which was good considering someone never returned my lightsaber," you say snarkily and give him a pointed look, "it was a pretty good plan too." 

Omega looks happy about your praise and Hunter just shakes his head, "alright, let's get back to the ship," he says. Great, the two of you were just going to fuel one another. How did he end up with not one but two children who can't seem to listen in life or death situation, you could at least handle yourself but Omega was still learning. 

You and Omega talk to each other the whole way back to the ship, since you aren't needing to be quiet and track down any creatures. Omega was like a breath of fresh air for you, sure you were a few years older, but you hadn't ever really spent time with kids who were allowed to act like kids. You had grown up seeing the good and the bad of the galaxy, you'd been right in the middle of it growing up on Coruscant. On the other end of the spectrum was Omega, she was brilliant but had absolutely no idea how things worked out in the wild, as you'd seen on Saleucami. You were definitely a bad influence on her, but don't get things mixed up, she was just as much of an influence on you, quickly building some sort of chaotic good sisterhood. It was fun.

Once the ship was back in the air Hunter finally gave you your lightsaber back, once again saying, "nothing stupid, alright?" 

You eagerly take it back since it was basically the only item you owned and could call your own, when you don't respond to Hunter's question he pulls it back before you can actually take it. You roll your eyes, "fine nothing stupid," you say, but as soon as it is safely back on your hip you add, "unless you don't catch me," before scurrying off to the other end of the ship. 

Hunter already knows you're going to be the death of him. Omega was defiant in the way where she wanted to help but had no idea what she was doing and kept accidentally getting herself in trouble and trying to give him a heart attack. You on the other hand knew exactly what you were doing every single time you'd get yourself in trouble and felt no remorse for your actions.