Known Faces

You had reluctantly agreed to stay on the ship for this stop, mostly because it's highly populated and much like Wrecker you'll stand out too much. Well, not so much stand out if you were just walking around but in the long run it was probably for the best that you weren't out there cause a bounty hunter tries to take Omega and you would've pulled out your lightsaber to save her, causing even more trouble. So, instead you stayed behind and bothered, I mean helped, Tech while he fixed the ship.

You were actually kind of helpful, you know holding stuff for him, but not the flashlight because he has that built into his helmet. It was fine though because you were used to meticulous tasks, and fixing a ship was much better than having to sit and read whatever texts Master Kenobi had given you to keep you occupied. When Echo shows up with a group of droids to help things go quite a bit faster. Then all of you have to leave in a rush since Omega was being hunted down for some currently unknown reason.

Your next stop is Sid, who you had met before a couple times and due to that you have to wait on the ship until they figure out if Sid is a friendly or not. It takes ffffffoooorrreeevvveeerrr and when they do finally come back they don't even let you off the ship. Instead you're off again going to rescue a kid from some slave traders, which is at least some action so you'll take it. A quick minute to scope out the area then they send you back to the ship with Omega, claiming she's too inexperienced and that they work better with just their group.

Omega plays with her clone doll, and is making some modifications to it, and you take something from Tech's stuff to entertain yourself. From there you sit sulking in the place you had claimed as your own and slowly adjust the com device to pick up one of the Empire's broadcasting frequencies, where they're reporting the news to all the citizens and catch yourself up. You don't listen for long though as you sit your head up and turn it off, getting up and heading over to Omega.

"Hey- someone's approaching on speeders and I doubt it's our friends," you say quietly.

"Okay- what do we do?" she asks, fear coming into her eyes.

"We hide, if they've found our ship so easily I doubt the others have made it safely to free Muchi," she goes to respond but you quickly place a hand over her mouth as two Zygerrians approach the ship. With a glance at her she understands, so the two of you sneak off board through the other opening then find some rocks to hide behind while waiting for them to leave.

Once they leave you and Omega crawl over to some other rocks and peek over the ledge to see where the others are. Omega spots them first, tapping your shoulder and pointing towards them. "There they are."

"Good job Omega," you say softly with a smile, "let's go get them out of there."

The both of you climb down the cliffs, slowly and carefully but still almost get caught. The both of you end up on top of a large metal crate containing a rancor, getting to the ground from there. "What if we open the cage?" Omega asks when her feet touch the ground.

You nod, "yeah that could work." You pull her to duck behind the box as one of the patrols pass. Once they're gone the both of you come back out and go to figure out the lock.

The two of you pull out the piece that keeps the door locked, just in time too because the guards come up behind you. "Back away from the crate, the two of you aren't hiding in there."

The both of you think the same thing, backing away and side stepping to face the guards. "We weren't hiding," Omega says, "we were unlocking," she smirks and holds up the locking mechanism for them to see.

They all rush forward to try to keep the rancor from breaking free, giving you two kids a chance to run away from them, over to where the clones had just gotten free of their restraints. Omega runs over to the kid thought to be Muchi to tell them that you're there to rescue her. There's a clamor behind you as the rancor breaks free, sending the Garuda flying as it plows them down.

The one alien who was sticking close to the kid shakes their head and points to the rancor, "no, Muchi. Muchi."

"The rancor is Muchi?" Wrecker asks in exasperatedly.

"Apparently," you mutter, turning to eye the creature.

Most of the guards are downed at that point so you take off running towards Muchi. You hold your hands out in front of you and face the Rancor, "hey Muchi, calm down. We're here to take you home." You say this in a soothing tone, trying to use the force to calm her.

It doesn't work. You also get thrown into one of the cliffs and Wrecker has to take over, speaking her language of fighting. You stand up and shake yourself off before wandering over to the others. "That hurt."

"Yeah, maybe it'll teach you to stop doing dumb stuff," Hunter replies.

You laugh, "probably not, I've had worse. But I didn't use my lightsaber this time so I can learn some things," you tease back. "But knowing how a blaster actually works could be useful."

"Yeah, probably. I'll show you later," Hunter says. "For now we need to get Muchi back to Sid."

Wrecker is able to get Muchi to listen to him, and from there you all load back onto your ship and head back to the other side of the planet to find Sid. This time you actually get out with the others, because it's been confirmed that Sid is a friendly. You had met Sid in passing before, mainly because Master Kenobi was a member of the Jedi council so he got access to more intel than others did.

Muchi doesn't stick around for long as the person soon shows up to collect her, it's that guy who is basically Jabba's, the crime lord of Tatooine's, secretary. You don't mention this instead choosing to just duck out of sight to be cautious in the case he may recognize you from one of the times you'd been involved with some intergalactic drama involving the Hutt family. No one questions this so you don't have to explain yourself but it all works out well in the end, and your little group is able to continue working with Sid and completing jobs. 

You all pick up a few other jobs from Sid and things seem to be going well, at least until one day when you're listening to Hunter talk to Sid and from the other room you hear a blaster go off. You all rush out to see one person standing in the middle of the room as Sid demands, "what is going on?" 

The figure removes his hood and looks at your little group. You can't stop the gasp that leaves you as you remove your own hood, "Rex?!"