Chapter One

TRIGGER WARNING: Internalized homophobia.

He thinks it's funny, that's all. All the shippers, making edits and fanart and fanfiction, it's funny. Which is not to say that it isn't good, he can recognize that his fans are talented. He knows because he sees what they make, of course he sees it. And sure, he reads some of the fics for shit and giggles, and maybe he likes the art on Twitter (half because it's good art, half to fuel the fire), but it's just funny.

He tells himself that a lot.

He can't help the way his face gets hot when he scrolls through TikTok and stumbles across a montage of George moaning. It's not because he's gay (he's not), but it's sexual and it's his best friend and it's weird but he laughs, alone in his room, and he tells himself that it's funny .

He starts thinking about it a lot. How often George makes those noises. He never really noticed before, but now that it's been pointed out, it's all he can hear. He wonders if George realizes how much he... well, you know.

That's how it starts. He thinks it'd be funny to edit together as many clips of George sounding like that and show it to him, to embarrass him. A harmless, funny prank. That's all.

So he combs through hours of footage, vods, YouTube videos, anything he can get his hands on, and slowly amasses a vast amount of George's sexual sounds (he tries not to think about it like that, it makes him feel weird).

He notices another thing while he sifts through videos; George says his name a lot, sometimes the same way that he groans like he's on the edge of cumming (he stops that train of thought quickly, because he's not gay and he shouldn't be think of his best friend having an orgasm). He adds some of those clips to the video, because it's funny.

It's funny, isn't it?

It starts to become obsessive. He wants to get every instance of George sounding like that, but he decides that the video is getting too long to be funny, it's starting to get weird (it's twenty minutes long, it started getting weird a while ago, but he won't admit it).

He decides to watch the video before sharing it with George, to make sure there aren't any errors.

He looks back later and realizes how stupid this whole thing was.

He's a minute into listening to George and his face is burning. He's sure he's as red as a tomato. The collar of his t-shirt feels like it's choking him so he tugs on it, but it doesn't help. He knows the feeling will go away if he stops listening, but he has to make sure that the video is edited okay. He has to.

He's three minutes in when he realizes how much he's fucked up. His pants are getting tight. He notices with a start that he's hard. He's hard from listening to his best friend moan— oh shit he's really fucked up this time. He's really fucked up but he can't stop(he doesn't want to).

He ignores it for as long as he can, he ignores it until it's painful.

He slumps over, resting his forehead on his desk, shutting his eyes tight as he palms himself to the sound of his best friend.

He massages his erection through his sweatpants, groaning softly, the sound intermingling with George so perfecting that he thinks he might cum from just that.

He pulls his pants down just enough to fish his dick out, stroking it slow and soft. He grabs a bottle of lotion he keeps nearby, pumps some into his hand before he goes back to working his cock over.

"Fuck, George," he grits out, the sound immediately followed by George calling out his name in return.

He cums on the spot, the white fluid splattering on the underside of his desk. He doesn't even think about cleaning the mess up.

After a few seconds of catching his breath, he rips his headphones off, pushes away from his desk. His breath hitches and tears form in his eyes, because what the fuck has he just done? He wants to scream at his own stupidity.

He isn't gay, he just thinks it's funny.