11

The doorbell rang, surprising the twins.

"Aether did you invite anyone over?"

"You'd think I'd want anyone to see me like this...?"

The girl laughed while her brother quickly grabbed his blanket and dashed into his room. Lumine set down the bowls she was holding and then ran to open the door.

Standing infront of her, Keqing and Ajax stood there. Keqing held a few windwheel asters while Childe was holding a box.

"Eh? Wasn't expecting you both to come"

"Yeah well... I managed to push back most of the work I had today and then I texted Childe to see whether he wanted to come see you"

Lumine smiled and let them inside. Keqing put the flowers in an empty vase on the table and Childe put down the box

"What's in the box?"

"Ah we can open it together later"

"Hey where's Aether?"

Keqing walked around before stumbling across a closed door. Lumine rolled her eyes and Childe laughed. Keqing knocked on the door before opening it to reveal a big blanket roll

"Aether? You there...?"

"Keqing???"

Aether came out of his shell at the sound of his girlfriends voice and sat up. Keqing shut the door behind her and left Childe and Lumine alone in the living room.

"I hope you don't mind us surprising you like this"

"Not at all!! Aether was very sluggish when I came back so I don't think he'd eat much. I still cooked the usual amount so all of us should have something to eat. If you're still hungry, there's always snacks?"

Ajax chuckled and shook his head. Pulling out a chair for himself and Lumine, they both sat at the table and started talking about random stuff.

After a while, Keqing opened the door and Aether stumbled out from behind her. The two sat down as Lumine got up to get the food. Setting out all the dishes she made, the four of them started eating.

After dinner, the four sat in pairs on the couch. Aether quickly fell asleep so Keqing woke him up and brought him into his room. Childe sighed and took the box he brought and gave it to Lumine

"Here... I wanted to give it to you when we were gonna have our dinner date. But you know... THAT happened, so I never got the chance."

She opened the box and saw a small pair of earrings along with two necklaces.

"Did you really buy this... for me...?"

"Of course! After all, you're the one holding it are you not?"

She put the box on her lap and she started taking out her earring and switching it to the ones in the box. Childe reached for one of the necklaces and clipped it around Lumine's neck. The center embellishment was a clear orb with some sparkles inside. The other necklace had a small vial with the same glitters. Both had a blue, yellow and pink colour scheme.

"Who's the other necklace for?"

"Uh... it was a matching set so I didn't have a choice..."

"Oh don't blame the set, you need to start buying nice things for yourself as well!"

Lumine finished putting on the earrings then put the other necklace on Childe. She smiled and hugged him tightly

"I love it! Thank you"

"I'm glad you like it"

They broke the hug and then heard a door open and close. Looking to see who it was, Lumine noticed Keqing coming out of Aether's room with blush staining her cheeks. She walked over and sat next to Lumine on the couch.

"Hey why are you blushing so badly?"

"I... uhm... Aether..."

Her words were fragmented and made no sense. She fiddlede with her fingers and looked at the ground. Both Childe and Lumine were very confused but decided to let her explain.

"He... just started cuddling me and I just froze..."

Lumine sniffled a laugh while Ajax was just confused

"Is that really enough to make you flustered...?"

"Shut up Childe!"

Keqing burst out and covered her face with her hands. Lumine slapped his shoulder and glared at him

"You wouldn't know, anyways Keqing has been like this with Aether since they started dating. She's never been the bold one and neither has Aether."

"Please stop talking about it... I'm embarrassed..."

"Alright alright"

Keqing calmed down and sighed

"So what were you two doing while I was gone?"

She quickly took a glance at the two of them before noticing the new earrings and the matching necklaces. She tilted her head slightly and she reached out to touch the earrings. Looking closely, the earrings had a small sphere that looked like it glowed.

"Eh? The new earrings and the two necklaces.... is that what was in the box?"

Childe nodded a little and suddenly Keqing threw herself onto Lumine. At first, Lumine was surprised but then they both started laughing in harmony. Childe sat there awkwardly and sighed. He silently picked up the box and went into Lumine's room to give her a storage box.

A small box then caught his eye. Something about the way it was decorated with a few pretty rhinestones and the glittening sparkle it gave off as it shined in the moonlight beaming through the window. It was high up on a shelf so he didn't try to see what it is.

Leaving the room, he found Keqing and Lumine happily chatting away. Walking towards them, Lumine quickly noticed his presence and jumped off the couch.

"Hey you planning on leaving now...?"

"Ah yeah, I was... I didn't want to interrupt your sister bonding time."

Lumine giggled softly and Ajax admired her beauty for a bit. Snapping him out of his trance, he shook his head and smiled at Lumine

"I'll be heading off, see you tomorrow?"

"Mhmm! See ya!!"

He left both girls to chat away and his mind was filled with thoughts of the small, little box...

~*~*~

hi so not really any updates today but I'll try to update again tomorrow :c
my eyes are wearing new contact lens and its killing me, but anyways imma go sleep now

aight bye, have a nice day <3

~*~*~
Date Written~ 12th June 2021
Word Count~ 1040
Written by~ Saku._.kkura