26 - Chapter Twenty-Six - Alexi's Point Of View.

I understood that I was being petty, but I wanted to touch him and he wasn't letting me. That just wasn't fair. 

"Are you done?"

I wanted to flip him off but that wouldn't be any use and wouldn't get me what I wanted so I held off on the offensive action. It was two in the afternoon and here I was naked in the bed still soggy and wasting my day away. My stomach growled in protest of not eating and the pills had well worn off. But I was too petty to get out of the bed. Lucky for me, Creed knew how I was, He left and made me a sandwich, along with a glass of milk and the pain pills. I did not deserve this man. 

Eating the sandwich I hadn't realized how actually famished I was. The milk and pills were the last things. The coating on the pills tasted of chemicals and by far was one of the worst I had the pleasure of trying. 

"Your uncle has invited us to dinner at Nonna's. He's taking Alessio to meet her."

"Mmm, Nonna's cooking."

"Is that a yes?"

"You fucking know it."

I practically leaped out of the bed at the thought of Nonna's cooking. At least with Alessio and Creed around Nonna wouldn't smother me about the broken arm. She would be too busy with Alessio than Creed. I pulled some of my nicer black jogging pants out of the closet and stole one of Creed's massive hoodies. They were super comfortable. I tucked a standard handgun on my hip. 

Creed dressed in nice jeans and a t-shirt. He looked good in casual wear. Once he helped me dress we headed down to the garage. Alessio was getting an ear full already from his father. Something about proper manners and such. Funny.

"Hey Oldman, Lay off the kid," I said casually. 

My uncle whipped around and the glare told me if he could beat me he would. Alessio just looked amused. 

"Mind your own business Alexi, This is a father-son business."

I just looked at him with an eyebrow raised. I was mildly shocked he had pulled that card on me. It was Alessio that spoke on my behalf next.

"To be fair, you raised him, that also makes him almost your child."

"I didn't raise him, He raised himself under my roof."

"You're not entirely wrong," I said shrugging.

Creed just shook his head as he snagged my keys off the hook. 

"Let's go, spitfire. Let them finish their talk."

I let out a deep sigh and followed behind Creed. He unlocked the car and I really tried to get into the driver's seat. That didn't work however because he removed me from the seat. 

"You are not allowed to drive," Creed said getting in the driver's seat. 

"I want----"

"Get in, or I will leave you," Creed said a smirk on his face.

"Please, You wouldn't dare." 

He started my car and I panicked. I rushed around the back of the car and got in the passenger side. Creed helped with the seat belt before he hit the white button on the black garage door remote in my car, it on the visor and I forgot all about the damn thing every time.  The door was only half open when Creed backed out. The other garage door was only just opening as Creed switched from R to D and stepped on it. 

I wasn't sure what one of us was worse on my car him or me. We both seemed to be rough on the poor car.  Creed was doing well over what was needed but I didn't say anything. He was a great driver, He had proved it plenty of times.  I got Creed to stop and get me a coffee which was heaven on my tongue. As we pulled back into traffic we pulled right beside my uncle and Alessio. They weren't paying attention until the light turned green again and Creed was off the line before they had. They caught up pretty quickly as we hit the highway. The highway was the quickest way to the diner. It cut the slow town traffic.