𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 up to the sound of Laurent telling her to get up, take a shower and put on nice clothes.

Jean mumbled something and the next second Laurent was out of the room and Jean alone again.

The fourteen year old got up and walked towards the bathroom. There, she stripped her clothes off and stepped into the shower.

There where many buttons and Jean just pressed them until she found the right one.

The water was warm and the soup smelled like lavender.

Back home, the water was always cold and the soup didn't smell like anything. It was just to keep her clean and not to make her smell like some kind of flower.

Just when Jean was ready to step out of the shower, a warm breaze came from all sides and blew her dry.

So much unnecessary luxury, while the people in the districts starved, Jean thought to herself.

The breaze stopped when she was completely dry and could finally step out the shower.

Jean walked back into her room and opened a drawer. She pulled out a dark blue jeans, a white blouse and some underwear.

Then Jean walked back to the bathroom and put on the clothes.

The jeans was thight and went all the way up to her waist. The blouse fell loose over her upper body.

Jean buttoned up the blouse and tucked it into her jeans.

Then she brushed her hair and styled into a frensh braid.

The blonde checked her outfit one last time in the mirror and then walked out of the room.

When she entered the living room of the train, she saw Laurent sitting on the couch and Liam and James sitting at the table, talking quietly to each other.

Laurent spotted her from her spot on the couch and gave her a sign to come sit with her.

"You look lovely", Laurent complimented the girl next to her.

"I want to make a good impression to the capitol and possible sponsors", Jean told her mentor quietly.

"Well, you're certainly doing a good job", Laurent answered just as quietly as Jean did.

"You sound like you already have a strategy", the dirty blonde continued speaking.

"Yeah, I do", Jean told the victor the truth.

"Do you mind telling me about it?", Jean really wanted to tell someone about it, she needed to hear that it was good.

"I smile like I want to be in those games and it isn't a big deal. Then I charm the capitol, so I get sponsors. I do my best in the arena and come back alive"

Laurent nooded. "That's a good strategy."

Jean silently thanked her mentor for saying that.

"You know, you remind me of someone I know. He charmed the capitol, smiled, did his best and came back alive", Jean wanted to meet that boy.

"I'm certain that you'll make it, if you continue with that strategy", Laurent sounded like she really believed what she said.

"And you can do that right now", Jean looked to the window Laurent was pointing at and walked towards it.

She could see the capitol from that window and for a moment her breath hitched.

The capitol was beautiful. Grand buildings and beautiful parks everwhere. Jean stared at it in awe.

Then she saw what Laurent had meant.

There where capitol citizens standing right next to the train, screaming something.

Jean waved at them and smiled and their screams grew even louder.

༄༄༄

The moment Jean stepped out of the train and onto the ground, capitol citizens were reaching out to her.

They were touching her arms and shoulders and Jean was thankfull for Laurent who was walking next to her, protecting her from the citizens.

Laurent and Jean made it safely to the training center, Liam and James right behind them.

The tention between the four of them was nearly unbearable and they didn't speak a single word to each other the whole way up to their apartment.

Since they where from District 5 their apartment would be on the fifth floor.

When the doors of the elevator opened and revealed the apartment they would be living in for the next four days, Jean's breath hitched for a second time that day.

The furniture was just as expensive as the one in the train, if not more.

The room they were currently standing in was really big and few avox were standing in the room.

Laurent guided her to the couch, while Liam and James walked to the table at the other side of the room.

"The Tribute's Parade will be this evening and I have to bring you to your prep team in a few minutes, but first I need to tell you something", Laurent told her.

"Tomorrow will be your first day of training. There are three in total. At the last day of training there will be a privat training where you can present your skills to the gamemaker's", Jean listened to every word Laurent said.

"You'll get a score from one to twelve, to show the other tribute's and the citizen's how dangerous you are", the victor explained to Jean.

"The day after that, there will be an interview with Ceasar Flickerman. The Interview is important for your strategy", that last sentence made Jean listen very carefully.

"You can make the capitol love you with that one interview. That's your chance to win sponsor's", Laurent send her a look that asked if she understood the importance of this interview and Jean nooded.

"The day after the interview is the day you will enter the arena with twenty-three other tribute's", the victor finished her speech.