𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 national anthem playing. In the sky right in front of her, the dead tribute's were shown off, labeled as "The Fallen".

There was the boy from District 1, both of the tribute's from the 3. All three of them killed by her hand.

Next were the girl from 4 and the boy from 6. Then there was the boy from District 7 and both of the tribute's from 8. Jean had killed the girl.

The last tribute's were the boy from 10 and the girl from 12. Nine tribute's dead on the first day.

That meant there were fifteen  tribute's left.

When Jean saw the faces of the kids she had killed in the sky, her actions came crashing down on her.

She had killed four kids today. Four. Jean could feel the panic attack coming and toke deep breaths, just like the night on the roof with Finnick.

After a few minutes of sitting on top of the wall, Jean managed to regain control over her body. She had been lucky. If she had broken down in front of the cameras, the whole capitol would have thought that she was weak.

Jean had to remind herself that this was still a TV show. A cruel one were kids were forced to kill kids, but still a TV show for the entertainment of the capitol.

So, Jean laid back down on the hard wall, thinking about her home and her dad. She wanted to see both of them again and for that, she would need sleep.

༄༄༄

The next time Jean woke up was by the sun shining down on her face. It was the next day and that meant she would hunt down the remaining tribute's.

The blonde put the sleeping bag and the second knife belt into her backpack and put the other belt around her waist. 

Jean started walking on the wall of the maze, straight ahead at first, then she toke left or right turn whenever the wall cut off on one side.

The sun started rising even higher and the young girl was deperate for a little bit of water. She needed to find some today.

Every few seconds she looked down both sides of the wall, in search for a tribute. After an hour or two of walking, Jean couldn't exactly tell, she saw a girl walking on the ground.

The girl looked behnind her every few seconds, afraid that someone would come after her. She didn't look up at the sky, if she had, she might have seen Jean standing there, knife in hand, ready to throw it at her.

The girl just walked further into the maze, with Jean following her for a few minutes. Right when the girl decided to take a break and sit down on the ground, Jean threw the knife.

The girl looked suprised when she saw that a knife was stuck in her chest. The next moment the canon sounded. Bumm.

Another tribute dead. It felt wrong, killing all those innocent children. Jean didn't know the girl, but she was sure that she had a family back home. A family that had now lost a child. Jean felt awful.

She wanted to scream.

She wanted to destroy the whole capitol.

She wanted to kill President Snow.

She didn't do any of those things. Instead, she just walked away, her face showing absolutely no emotion.

༄༄༄

From on top of the wall, Jean could see how she would make her way back to the clearing. She needed water and she supposed that she would find some there.

It was a risk, with the careers being there, but one that she had to take. She needed water.

The east entrance of the maze wasn't far away and Jean had seen a little forest there back at the cornucoppia.

She began memorizing the way from on top of the wall and then made her way down to the ground.

It was exhausting, with her left arm still hurting everytime she put pressure on it and her being completely dehydrated.

Jean couldn't tell how many hours had passed since she woke up, but she also felt the need to eat something.

When she had the water, she told herself. The maze didn't look like much animals were in there, so she supposed she had to get by with the little food she had.

The girl from 11 wasn't the only tribute she had killed while walking on top of the walls.

There had been the boy from 4 and the girl from 6. Both of them hadn't even bothered to look up at the sky and so, she had killed them. Everytime, there was a look of suprise on their faces.

Killing them was so easy when they had no idea that Jean was there at all. She still felt awful after every kill.

The only thing keeping her sane at the moment was the thought of her dad, the promise she had made to Finnick and the knowledge that she killed the tribute's fast, so that they didn't have to suffer.

Jean was now standing in the east entrance of the maze, looking for any signs of danger.

She could see the careers sitting by the cornucoppia, talking about something, probably the kids they had killed.

None of them were watching the entrances of the maze, sure that no one would be stupid enough to try and get to the clearing.

But Jean was. In her opinion, she was more brave than stupid, but it could be otherwise.

Without making a noise, she walked out of the maze and onto the clearing. The careers still hadn't noticed her, so she made her way to the forest just a few meters next to her.

Jean managed to get into the forest without being noticed by the careers and began searching for some kind of lake or pound. Anything that had water in it.

After around fifteen minutes of searching, Jean found a little lake in the middle of the forest. She pulled the water bottle out of her backpack and filled it with water.

The water was clean, but just in case she threw one of those cleaning pills into it and waited what she thought was half an hour.

By the time she could drink the water, the sun was setting again and Jean decided that it was best to climb one of the trees nearby and sleep there.

So, she put the now full water bottle back in the backpack and began climbing one of the trees.

When she was sure that she had climbed high enough, she pulled the sleeping back and the rope out of the backpack and tied herself to the tree, so wouldn't fall down in the middle of the night.

After that, she finally opened the water bottle and drank 0.5 litre from the two litre water bottle. She instantly felt better. Then, Jean pulled out one of the cracker packs and ate a few of them. It wasn't enough, but it had to be for now.

And with the careers just a few hundred meters away from her, Jean fell asleep.