My Friends

Austin's P.OV

I slowly walked up stairs and got dressed. I whistled for leo, hearing him scamper back into my room. I smiled and felt around my room until I finally felt the the head of my warm dog. "Ready to bring me to school boy?" I asked, he let out a playfull bark. I smiled and stood up. I felt around and picked up my blind stick, feeling the cold metal rod on my fingers. I turned around and walked to the door, slowly opening it, feeling Leo right by my side. I followed the railing to the front door. "Honey, are you sure you don't want me to drive you to school..?" I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder "we know that you know your way...but.." I heard my father say. "I'm gonna be alright you guys, Leo is with me don't worry" I smiled a bit. "Well...okay...be safe honey" I felt my mother kissed my fore head "I will!" I replied smiling and walked out of the house, the cold, balmy, autumn breeze, brushed against my face lightly. I bit my lip and started walking, my blind stick infornt of me, I constantly waved it around a bit. I suddenly heard a familiar voice come from a few feet in front of me "Hey Austin!" The voice said. I processed the voice through my brain, it was Amerela! "Oh! Hey amerela!" I said as leo barked happily. I heard her laugh a bit. "So what's up?" She asked me as we started walking again, the cold breeze lightly brushing my face. "Nothing much.. Just a bit nervous about going back to school, new students and all.." I replied. "Hey don't worry Austin, it'll be fine!" Amerela asured me "Cal, Basil, and I will be right by your side!". I smiled "thanks Amerela" I said softly, I felt her lightly punch my arm, I giggled a bit.

We finally arrived to school I assume, hearing the crowded hall ways, shutting lockers, and squeaking shoes. Unfortunately, I had to leave Leo outside school, since he can't come inside, though Amerela helped me to my locker, she made my hand touch the cold metal door to me know I was there "Thanks Amerela" I said as I moved my hand down to the lock, twisting it in familiar ways, until I finally heard a small click, meaning it was unlocked. I pulled it open, putting my back pack inside. "Austin, hey!" I heard, I felt Cal playfully punch my shoulder. I laughed a bit and smiled "Hi Cal!" I heard a sweet voice say happily. I smiled "hi basil!" I said and waved to where the voice was coming from, but not knowing if I was waving in the right direction or not. "Well do you mind if I walk you home later? I'm trying to earn points for my Little Helpers club!" She said in her sweet little voice. I laughed a bit "Yeah sure". "Yay! Thank you!" I felt her tackle me with a gentle hug, I managed to catch my balance before I fell down, I hugged her back smiling softly. She pulled away "Meet me outside school after classes okay?" She said "okay" I replied. "Later Austin!" Her voice trailed off with a couple of squeaks. I assumed she ran off to her locker. The ringing of the bell filled my ears. Amerela and Cal placed their hand on my shoulders walking me to class.

After the classes, I made my way to the exit of school, I heard the birds chirping and the trees russling, and the wind blowing against my face, Leo's playful barking, sign that I was outside. "Austin!" I heard the familiar sweet voice call my name again "Hey Basil!" I said smiling "You ready?" She asked. I nodded "Can you put Leo's leash on first?" I asked. "Of course!" She said and got the leash from my backpack and hear the small 'click' meaning that she locked the leash. "Alright let's go!" She said as we started walking. She helped me walk carefully down the school steps and started walking down the sidewalk.