CHAPTER 4: My Child

Gareth's POV:

I was typing away on my laptop when my intercom buzzed and as I pressed the button, I heard Kyle, my assistant's voice. "Sir, there is women named Harper Collins down at the reception. She wants to meet you. She says she is a friend."

Harper?

"And she says it's urgent and claims to burn down this whole building if you don't see her." He added amusingly.

What?

"Oh...umm...send her up. She's a...umm...a friend."

"Okay, sir."

What the fuck is wrong with her?

All of a sudden why does she wants to meet me?

Two minutes later, the door to my office bursts opened startling me and I saw Harper walking in furiously and before I knew it, a thin file of papers was throw at my face.

Taken aback by her outburst, I stood up. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

I looked down at the papers that fell on my desk in confusion. "And what's this?"

She smiled tightly and folded her arms across her chest. "That, Mr Wilbrose, are the ultrasound reports of your child growing inside me."

My jaw dropped. "Sorry, what?"

My child? Growing inside her?

Is this a prank?

"Y-you have my...child growing inside you?" I pointed to her.

"Did I stutter?"

"What the actual fuck! Are you pulling on some prank on me? Did Aeryn send you?"

"Do I look in a mood to prank you?!" She yelled.

I flinched at her tone. Damn. She is scary.

When I didn't say anything, she came closer to me and gripped my collar, pulling my face closer to her.

She gritted. "How could you do this?!"

"Do what?"

"Get me pregnant! What else?"

I yanked myself out of her hold. "You think I did it deliberately?"

She shoved my shoulder. "You didn't use a protection! How can you be so fucking careless?!"

"I used a protection!" I argued.

"Then how did this happen?!"

"How can I know?! And how are you sure it's my child? It could be someone else's!"

She definitely didn't like my accusation. Her face flushed with anger. "You think I am lying?! I am a week pregnant and it was you who I slept with exactly a week back and I already told you my engagement broke with Dave and the last time I slept with him was a month back! You think I went about sleeping with other people besides you?!"

I huffed. "I am 100℅ sure I used protection. How you got pregnant, I got no idea."

She slapped my shoulder. "You didn't use a protection!"

"I did! It must have broken or something. And stop hitting me", I said rubbing my shoulder.

She was breathing heavily as she glared at me thinking about something.

"You are going to take responsibility for this child", she said after a minute.

A child is the last thing I want right now.