CHAPTER 18: Are You Avoiding Me?

Another update for ILS3MEGHANANAIDU.

Harper's POV:

"Do you wanna stay a little longer? I am leaving by the way..." Gareth said, standing at the door of Aeryn's bedroom.

"No. It's okay." I looked to Aeryn and Carmel sitting on the bed and bid them goodbye before following Gareth out of the room.

As I walked beside him, he intertwined his hand with mine, and small smile formed on my face. He was looking ahead so gladly he couldn't see me blushing.

This man was responsible for making my heart beat wildly. And I wasn't complaining.

He opened the car's door for me and sat inside and he closed the door for me before sitting in the driver's seat.

"Gareth..."

He glanced at me. "Yes?"

"I want to eat ice cream..." I said sheepishly.

He smiled softly. "Sure, honey."

A few minutes later, he stopped the car at the side of the road and an ice cream truck was standing at a distance.

"Which flavour?" He asked as he undid his seatbelt.

"Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate, all together in a cone." I said excitedly.

He was baffled by my request. "What? Do they even sell that?"

"They do! Just ask them."

"O-kay..." He muttered walking towards the truck and I heard him say underneath his breath. "I better not get embarrassed."

I chuckled at him, shaking my head.

He's so cute.

He returned two minutes later with two cones. Strawberry ice cream in one cone and in the other what I requested.

He sat back inside and handed me my cone, looking surprised. "They do sell this especially for you. That guy knew you."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah...I always buy from him. And I always buy this only plus I am the only one who requests for this...so, yeah he knows me." I took a lick of the ice cream.

"Nice..." He muttered taking a bite of his ice cream.

"Have you thought of any names for this child?" I asked.

"You are just a month pregnant, Harper. We still have eight months." He rolled his eyes.

I pouted. "I was just wondering."

"Hmm...I will be the one to name the child don't worry." He said nonchalantly.

"No. I will name it! You won't!"

"I am the father." He argued.

"And I am the mother!" I argued back.

"I will name it, that's it!"

"No." I whined. "I will!"

"I will."

"I will."

"I will."

"I will."

"I will!"

Huffing angrily, I turned my head towards the window. "I hate you!" And took a huge lick of the ice cream.

He became silent immediately and took in a deep breath.

"Harper?" He said in the softest tone possible.