Becoming Close

"Eddie... Eddie! What is that noise!?" Venom yelled over the sound of the alarm, it had been blaring for almost half an hour now.

Slowly, Eddie stirred "what" he groaned, half asleep, then his eyes shot open "WHAT, I'M GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL! Why didn't you wake me sooner" the boy shrieked, jumping out of bed and slamming the off button of the alarm clock.

"Was not aware that it was important" Venom explained.

"Well it kind of is" Eddie said frustratedly, simultaneously pulling on clothes and running down the hallway to brush his teeth.

Eddie brushed furiously at his teeth, trying to do it as quickly as possible, Venom flitted about Eddie as he did this.

When Eddie finished his teeth brushing he burst out the door and began speeding downstairs to the door.

"Wait, you need you miraculous" Venom insisted

"What? Why?" Eddie asked.

"In case of bad guys!" Venom answered.

"Uhg, fine" groaned Eddie. He went upstairs and grabbed hold of the bracelet, putting it on his arm.

"Will need to come with you as well"

"How are you planning on doing that? You can't show yourself to people, can you?"

"No, I can not" revealed Venom

"So what are you going to do?"

Venom thought for a moment, flying around Eddie, before burying himself onto Eddie's jacket sleeve, just on the shoulder, he was perfectly hidden beneath it. "This will work well"

"What about when it's hot and I can't wear a jacket?"

Venom simply stated, "Pocket"

"Well, okay then, just try not to cause a ruckus or anything" .... "Did I just say ruckus???"

"Yes"

****

Eddie was doing his homework, he had not seen Venom for a while, but he didn't let that bother him, the Kwami always tried to chew on his pencil while he was using it, so having the creature elsewhere really helped him keep his working along.

He was currently doing his math homework, creating graphs using the y=mx+b equation, when he heard a scuttling across the floor. He flung his head around and saw two blurs, a gray one with a black blur zooming after it.

Following the direction they were going in, he saw them go under his dresser.

Curiosity got the better of him when he heard the noise of desperate squeaks. He dropped to the floor and looked under the dresser, just in time to witness Venom bite off the head of a mouse.

"Venom, what the heck?!" the boy screeched.

"Eddie, I was hungry" Venom said "You regard the mouse as a pest, Two problems have been solved at once"

"Uh, well, yeah, but, you just-"

"Cats do the same" the Kwami pointed out.

"That's true but, you didn't have to do it so... graphically" Eddie strained.

"You were the one who decided to watch" Venom sneered.

"Yeah but-"

"I owe you nothing when I eat" Venom lamented passive aggressively.