Chapter 20

In the lazer tag arena!

Luz's POV:

"Alright people. Grab a vest, your Lazer tag gun is attached to it. Aim at the lights on the best, if you get shot there, you will be under a 30 second meltdown where your gun stops working. As soon as the thirty seconds is over, you may go back to shooting. You will be divided into teams. No climbing, kicking, or foul play. Have fun." The employee spoke in a monotone and bored voice.

Who could blame him? He hast to deal with children all day.

I was so nervous. The closer we got to actual event, the more scared I got.

I've had panic attacks before. I've never been shy to it.

I'm just terrified this is going to trigger one.

Each panic attack I've had has been... Absolutely horrible.

Getting another is the last thing I want.

Walking over to the racks, I picked up a vest and put it over my shoulders.

Of course the best was nowhere near as heavy as the ones in the army. These are obviously not bullet proof.

The vest has a holster connected to it on the right side, containing a pistol replica with a small curly wire starch to the handle so it could be taken out, but not lost.

The pistol looked like a mimicked version of a GSR Granite. Sharing the same build, holster, and trigger as one.

A GSR Granite is commonly used in the military, and is quite a good gun. Not a bad gun to mimic. For a lazer tag area at least...

Out of the corner of my eye I could see, Boscha, Amity, Willow, Gus, and Skara choose the same colour as I did. A few other people trying to fight for the colour I had. Probably because I was in the military and people would think I have advantages.

There were four coloured teams. Blue, yellow, green, and red.

I was on the blue team. It's closer to purple, and purple is my favourite colour. That's the only reason why.

The employee pressed a few buttons on his key board, making all the lights on the vest start to glow, every body from the boiling isles ooo'ing and looking at their vests in awh.

This was new for almost everybody. With the portals being closed for so many years, witches almost just gave up on any source of human technology.

Most of the newer generation has never even seen anything from the human realm.

Of course Boscha, Willow, Gus, Amity, and Skara had, but that's because they were kids when the portals shut down. But that also means that since they were kids when the portals shut down, they might not remember anything about it.

"Oooooo look! It shines!" Gus's voice cracked  while he spoke, his eyes practically shining by the sight of the vest.

It's nice to see him finally getting to see human stuff.

Of course, he went to the human bar, but there's also bars in the boiling isles. The bars on the boiling isles are just, more... intense...

I'm pretty sure apple blood is just pure death-

"Alright, head on in." The man spoke, opening the door that lead to the super sized arena.

I had to give it to them. This place was pretty cool.

It was the size of a trampoline park and it was hyper realistic.

But of course... That hyper realism... Had to look like a forest...