Chapter 4

"Hija! Wake up, you need to go to school!"

I opened my eyes to the same room I always knew.

The sun shone through my curtains, reveling the dust in the air.

Throwing the covers off me, I stood up from the bed stretching my arms above my head.

It was early in the morning, but that was nothing new to me. I got up at 4:30 AM every single morning. So to say getting up at 6:00 AM was a relief on my body.

Only thing was I was too nervous to enjoy it.

My stomach was filled with butterflies  just from the thought of seeing Amity again. I practically went over what I was going to say to her at least a million times.

Wassup didn't feel right after not saying it for two years. Beside what am I going to do 'Hey Amity! Haven't seen you in 6 years but wassup!'.

What was I, stupid?

I shuffled through my box grabbing out a white T and camo pants. Even though I left the army I felt like I still had to wear the same clothes every day. It was a natural thing for me. To wake up, get into my army attire, then go for drills.

I tucked the white T into my pants, running down the stairs.

"Morning mamá." I said in a husky voice.

"Oh my! Just got my baby back and she's already heading back to school!" She wiped a fake tear away from her eye, after putting a hand on her heart.

I chuckled, giving her a warm smile. Eda's coming to pick you up in about 10 minutes.

I hadn't even kept in contact with Eda. It had been so long, and I only really stayed over at her house when I visited the Boiling Isles for a a day and sometimes a week.

I loved going over to her house! She was like a second mother to me. I remember one time I accidentally called her mom, and she was happy about it. I started calling her owl mom due to her requests. Though she wasn't blood related, I felt very close to her. I only regret not keeping in contact.

My mother handed me a plate of toast, slightly warming the plate.

Taking a bite off I could only think 'finally! Real food!'. Let's just say the armys food was repetitive and not something to desire.

I quickly finished my toast, just then there was a knock at the door.

"Oh that's Eda! Hurry up now, don't want you to be late!" My mom ushered me towards the door causing me to smile. She was really exited to be able to get back to normal. Although I was old enough to move out, I wanted to stay with mamá for a little longer. I really missed her. After all she's my mother.

I slug my bag over my shoulder opening the door.

And there stood Eda. She was about the same hight as me now. But her hair seemed fluffier then I remembered.

"Kid! How've you been?" Eda put a hand on her hip smiling at me, flashing her gold tooth.

Me and Eda had that kinda relationship where we weren't really emotional with eachother. And I appreciate that.

"I've been great Eda. How about you?" I laughed as she pulled me into a head lock ruffling my hair.

"I've been good. Could have been better if you wrote me more often!" I could tell she was joking, but I couldn't help but be guilty.

"Well kid come on, can't have you be late to see blushy Blight." My face heated up as she pulled me out the door waving goodbye to my mamì.

She practically threw me on her staff before getting on herself. "Come on kid where's your flare! Let's go Owlbert!" Owlbert shot up in the air flying off. "I would have more flare if I wasn't practically falling off!" I gripped onto the staff. With how long it had been, I was not used to this.