CHAPTER 7: THE FIRST ENCOUNTER(2)

Five minutes and the horrible screams and sounds of battles still haven't diminished. I am in a corner of the room near the closet of my mom. I suddenly remember that day when I was looking for a toy. I saw a blue ball quite big. It was almost the same size as my head. When I grabbed it, it started glowing, so I thought it was a new toy mom bought for me in secret. When she entered the room, she saw me playing around with it. She jumped on me, pushing me away from the ball.

"Dear, what are you doing?!!!" I suppose it was not my new toy then.

"I am sorry mom, I thought it..."

"NO! NO! NO! You don't touch things without asking first! That will be the last time I say it, do you hear me?!!!" Now that think about it, it was the only time when she was angry enough to yell at me.

"Yes, mom, I am very sorry."

"Okay, I do hope so. Now let's go and make some chicken for dinner, shall we?"

"Okay, mom. But what is that big thing?"

"Oh my little dragon, it is condensed and hardened a..." As I was looking at mom all puzzled, she remembered she was talking to a four-year-old child. Clearing her throat, she took a weird posture.

"This is a device that I have created to help people travel very long distances."

"Wow, like if I want to go to mister Baran's shop and buy grilled meat?" Mom's eyebrows made a v.

"Well, basically speaking yes, but I was talking about longer distances, much longer like..."

"But that shop is quite far; it takes us one hour for me and Tatiana to go there on foot."

"I know, but what I am talking about now is much more complex."

"Mom sometimes says complicated stuff; that's why father says you are a crazy genius."

"What!!!!! I am not!!!!"

"Hm..." Her reaction was quite unexpected, especially from the always composed mom.

"Fuuu... Anyway, do not play with again, dear."

"Yes, mom, I will not."

"I am back!!" Dad came back while we were in the corridor.

"Oh, I see the man stupid enough to marry a crazy person is back." Mom's stare was like a spear.

"Oh shit!" Father knew he was going to have a very salty night.

I am surprised that I can smile in my current condition. I must have also gone crazy. I stand up and open my mom's closet. While rummaging through her things, I almost made the orb fell but caught it with one arm. Holding it firmly as if my life is inside, I place it on the bed and start touching it all over. But nothing happens, I touch, squeeze, slap, spit on it but absolutely nothing. Last time it activated, so why does it not bring far away? To mom and dad, preferably.

"Work! You piece of junk. Mom is a genius. Dad said so too many times for you to fail. Work!!!" Now staring at it, I notice the orb that was blue before is now grey. Why is it grey? Did she change the orb? But the size is pretty much the same.

The door opens brutally. "Damn there too many of them!! We must change pla... what the!!! Where did you find a teleportation orb kiddo!!?" Tatiana enters the room with the two same coated guys.

"With this, we should be able to escape, but it seems to be depleted." One of the guys says while looking at the orb. So it was not working because it was depleted?

"I still have enough power to send us away from here, close the door, we are leaving."

"Yes!" The other guy goes and closes the door. He also puts a piece of wood under the doorknob to block it from opening.

"Let us start; I will inject Angas into it."

"What are you doing to mom's orb?!! Leave it alone!!!" I try to cover the orb with my body, but I am sent flying to the wall again. Am I her throwing ball or something? That bitch!

"I have higher priorities than playing with you now. And this is not for a kid to play with anyway." Looking at the orb, Tatiana speaks to me and puts her hands in front of the orb. She then says some words I don't understand, and the orb starts to change color from grey to progressively marine blue. In just a few seconds, the orb is entirely blue. Tatiana is sweating a lot.

"Okay, it's ready, let's go guys." You think I will let you use mom's creation like that after what you did, I will show you.

I jump on Tatiana and bite her neck. A salty mixture assaulted by mouth. But I try as hard as I can to hang on and somehow stop her. She does not say anything but instead looks at the door. Somebody is coming with loud footsteps. With that kind of noise, it must be the mountain guy. The door is wrenched open like a piece of paper.

"What are you doing here? My men are dying outside! We need help!!! Now!!!"

"We can't hold more than that, Roderick; we must flee!!!!" Mountain Roderick goes red with anger.

"My men died!! Hell, they are still dying!! And you say what?!!! Just try to l-" Roderick's head disappears just like that. My eyes almost pop out of their sockets seeing that.

"Shit! They broke through. Let's go now!" Tatiana extends her arms to the orb, but it is still not activating. She sweats even more, pouring more of than Angas whatever, so much so that the orb cracks. I am still looking at the mountain Roderick's body in front of us without a head when a black foggy-like leg appears. Then a second. After that, a body, and finally a head come in front of the door. The head is just like an orb round all over. The body itself is like it has no consistency, all black and foggy, except for one place in the center, which is slightly grey. It has three legs and two rope-like arms on each side. There is no eyes, no nothing.

"Kriekk!!! "

"Fucking Longinus bastards!!!" as Tatiana yells, the two guys jump on the Longinus. So this a Longinus. But what are those Longinus things? They don't look like us at all. Is this what dad was talking about? I am puzzled and still biting on Tatiana's neck when, suddenly, the orb explodes.