🖤Chapter Seven🖤

Narrator's POV (oo, haven't tried this before)

You-

(Yeah nvm I refuse to write like that. ANYWAYS-)

3rd Person POV

Y/n's bare feet brushed up against the grass as she walked through the plain, the green blades of grass feeling soft against her skin.

Her shoes dangled from one of her hands, while she held the compass in the other. The scrolls had been set inside one of her shoes so that she didn't have to carry them.

Glancing down at her compass every so often, Y/n continued heading southbound.

 It seemed like an eternity before she reached the woods. Taking a deep breath, she continued her journey to Whale Ocean.

Y/n looked around her. There were tall trees with green leaves, green grass, sunlight peaking through the leaves, and the sound of birds chirping in the distance. She wanted to take a rest for the day, but she couldn't. She had to make it as far as she could before nightfall. Only then could she rest.

For hours, Y/n kept walking nonstop. It was tiring, but she knew she'd been making a bit of progress. As the sun began to set, she looked up at the sky. Through the trees, she could see that the clouds had been turning pink and the light peeking through the leaves had turned into a beautiful golden color. 

She sighed; she didn't realize how exhausted she was util she finally found a little clearing in the woods and leaned against a tree. She let out a yawn as her eyelids grew heavy. Taking a deep breath, Y/n succumbed to her exhaustion and finally let herself rest.

The next day, she woke up as the sun started to rise. She got up, stretched, and prepared for another long day of walking. As she began walking, her stomach let out a low growl. She looked down, startled by the sound of her own stomach.

She frowned, but the rubbed her stomach. "I can manage another day..." She assured herself, before looking back up at the trees surrounding her. She picked up her compass and made sure she was heading south.

The next few hours were uneventful. Just walking, sweating, hunger, and maps. She looked up at the sky. The sun was getting close to being directly above her head. This was like the hunter exam. Just nonstop running without any idea of when you'll get to your destination. Except she wasn't running.

She started noticing the sound of waves were growing closer. The sound was very faint, but she could hear it. Determined to get the sword, she began running toward the sound of the waves. She noticed that the light between the trees was growing brighter.

With wide eyes, Y/n sped up and ran through the trees. Everything flashed by her. Sweat ran down her cheeks as she grew closer to the beach. She started to get dizzy; she assumed she had heat stroke.

That didn't stop her though. A rock did. Just as she reached the edge of the woods, she tripped on a rock and face-planted into the sand. She slid a bit, her face and body sliding across the sand.

She rolled over, sand sticking to her face and clothes. Y/n sputtered and brushed the sand off of her, sitting up with her eyes clenched closed. She gagged; a bit of the sand got in her mouth. After ridding her entire body of sand, she stood up and looked over at the ocean.

Calm waves washed up onto shore, white foam forming at the edge of the water. The light of the sun reflected off of ripples and the sound of the waves crashing onto the sand relaxed her. But, she couldn't rest just yet.

She got up and sat the scrolls, shoes, and compass down on a rock. She looked out at the sea in front of her. She walked up to the shallow water and took a deep breath. She needed to mentally prepare herself for what was about to happen.

She had to admit--this chapter was really boring. Author-chan was getting tired of writing this. But she didn't want to rush it and seem like a bad author, so she just kept writing the boring stuff.

Y/n ran into the water, her clothes already soaked. With one last glance at land, she dived into the water to continue the journey to the temple with the sword that would bring her friends back.

--

His notes: Istg that was so boring to write. 

I had to stop myself from just doing a timeskip to the end of the book just to get this over with. Like- I know how it ends, what's the point in writing it?

But, I can't leave my readers hanging. Ily guys, and I'll see you in the next chapter <3

-The Author