It Burns Within Us | Wildfire Series Book 1

Dedicated to amelierhys

Status : Completed 

Chapters : 59 parts

Author: amelierhys

Reads : 302k

Votes : 16k

Blurb

"I'm telling you this so that you understand."

I opened my eyes, blinking away the rain.
"Understand?"

"That you are wanted, Madie."

He spoke in a hot, husky murmur, raising gooseflesh on my arms.

"That you deserve to be kissed. And not just in a shitty frat house because of a stupid dare."

I felt his words. I felt them breaking through barriers I didn't know I had.

"Believe it,"

he whispered across my lips. It was an intoxicating mix of tequila and rain and...Bren.

"Please believe it."

-----Bren Hadaway is determined to succeed at college. His learning disability and the dark, unfortunate circumstances of his childhood have always put him a step behind everyone else, but he's decided he's done with that.
However, he soon learns that it's tough to get ahead when his support system has vanished, and he's on his own.
And Bren is far too stubborn to ask for help when he needs it.

Luckily, Bren meets Madie Lenertz.

She's bright, bubbly, and beautiful. Bren realizes that everyone-even people as perfect as Madie Lenertz-look for help in college to succeed.

But the more time Bren spends with Madie, the more obvious it becomes that Madie needs help with more than just her schoolwork.

Madie's life is completely intertwined with the life of her boyfriend, Quinton.
And Bren is the only one who can see that Quinton is toxic to Madie's beautiful soul. He isn't sure of the extent of Quinton's abuse, but he knows, without a doubt, it's there.

The question is-can Bren open Madie's eyes to the truth before it's too late?

WARNING: MATURE

This story contains sensitive topics such as abuse, violence, and explicit sexual content.