The Melody Of Silence - part 1

Dedicated to lptvorik

Status: completed

Chapters: 63 parts

Author: lptvorik

Reads: 130k

Votes: 10.4k

Blurb:

Alexandra Winger was just a girl when she snuck out her bedroom window and took a midnight excursion to her secret spot in the woods. She wanted an adventure, and she found one-- an adventure that would twist and transform her from a single, unfettered soul into half of an unbreakable, unconquerable duo. An adventure that would last from the second she saw him to the moment she drew her last breath.

Nathan Reynolds just wanted to be left alone for what remained of the worst day of his life. With a present in shambles and a future too bleak to comprehend, a new friend was the last thing he needed. He should have left the second she showed up, but something about the dirt-smudged girl in the cargo shorts and stained t-shirt made him want to stay. So he did. Through the night, he stayed. Through tragedy and heartbreak, he stayed. Through time and betrayal, he stayed, because what use would there be in leaving with only half of his soul?

This is not a neatly packaged romance-- complete with charming meet cute, surmountable struggles, a white wedding, and a happily ever after. This is a messy tale of pain, loss, loyalty, redemption, and passion in all its beautifully imperfect forms. It's about the poignant agony of loneliness, and the sound of hope in moments of silence and suffering.

This isn't a romance. It's a love story.

TRIGGER WARNING: This manuscript contains violence, suicide, sex, implied rape, drug abuse, foul language... really, you name it, it's in here so it might be best to just steer clear.