An Odd Invitation, An Odd Response

He awoke to the smell of curry.

Not just any curry from the store or that he'd made himself-

His dad's curry.

He all but sprinted into the kitchen and sat at a stool, using the excuse that he was just hungry. He was served a plate and he thanked Masaru genuinely before digging in how Kirishima would.

Masaru smiled as he sat down. "I missed having you around, Kiddo." He ruffled blonde spiky hair, Bakugo not fighting or anything when he did. "I'm glad you came this time, I understand things can get a bit stressful here."

"No shit." Bakugo stuffed another bite of potato into his mouth. "But yea, I'm glad I came."

Masaru lit up at that, but knew if he played with this good of a situation, he'd ruin it. So he left it and dug into his own plate of curry instead. Mitsuki joined them at the counter not long after, commenting on how she missed her baby boy and she was glad Masaru and Mitsuki were still so close with each other despite 'Katsuki's incessant yelling and insulting.' Bakugo yelled at her, only proving her point.

"So are you staying home for Christmas? You can go to a friend's if you'd like, but afternoon only. You have to spend at least a few hours with us."

"Yea, yea. I don't know yet." He stood and collected their plates, Masaru shocked at the politeness. Maybe sticking his child in a building with more children was the right choice.

"Who's that one boy- Kirishima? He's your friend right?" Mitsuki handed him a clean sponge and pulled up her sleeves.

"Sure, whatever. They're all my classmates." Katsuki scrubbed a plate aggressively, some of the paint scraping off.

His mother tapped his hand and took the plate from him gently. "I'd like to meet his parents someday-"

"Hag! Can't you rinse anything right?!" Katsuki ripped the plate from her hand and turned the faucet towards him. Mitsuki just laughed and grabbed another plate.

"Nervous? My little Katsuki? What has UA done?" She teased.

"Don't talk about UA like it's some person. I'm the same as before."

"Okay, well..." she paused to dry her hands and pulled two slips off of the fridge. "I saw Inko this morning and she gave me these. She said Izuku had won them in some kind of contest and none of his other close friends were free, so you get two instead of one. Isn't that generous?"

Katsuki dried his hands with the towel and snatched the papers, reading them to find they were movie tickets to a new All Might movie. "No fucking way am I-"

"What happened to the 'same you'? Or are you just too afraid to go see a movie with an old friend?" She reached out and grabbed the tickets.

Katsuki snatched them back. "Idiot, I'll go. And I'll bring a fucking stupid friend too."

"Ooh! Tell him to come by here first! I have to have a picture of-"

"No chance!"

He spent the rest of the day in his room, thinking of how to word the text to Kirishima. It's not like he expected the guy to go, but he wanted to make it sound like he wanted him to go.

But he wasn't fucking clingy and he wasn't friends or whatever. Deku left an extra ticket, that's all. And Bakugo would rather spend a day out with Kirishima than Deku. And he was sure Kirishima would appreciate a free movie with his friends. That seemed like a Kirishima-type thing.

Bakugo: That stupid nerd gave me movie tickets and my mom is making me go with him. I've got an extra and your shitty hair is gonna show the hell up