9.Picking up the pieces of my broken heart's past

Joel came back a little later . Seeing Molly sitted,he frowned then asked ", why aren't you sleeping?". She seeing him,widened her eyes looking him over. She said ",Doctor ,tell me ,between me and him who should rest more?". She asked the doctor widening her eyes. The doctor said ",Well ,I can't say for certain". After receiving the threat from Joel.

Molly's eyes narrowed at Joel ",Well I think Joel should rest ". Her angry pout ,with flushed cheeks. Joel seemed distressed. Then Joel said ",Okay. My wangfei is naturally right as always. I will go rest if you rest first." He said in a doting voice,as though placating a six year old child. She nodded. Her eyes turning drowsy. He let her lay back down and covered her . Tracy next to her was already fast asleep.

",Good night". He smiled patting her hair. When she closed her eyes ,he left closing the door. When he reached the kitchen ,his mother in law and father in law were seated,with the doctor. He was about to reach the kitchen when he frowned ,his vision turned dark,black spots colluding his vision. He hit the table as he tried to hang on to his consciences ,he fainted straight away.

",Joel!". He cried ,Mr King was anxious. The doctor said ", Hurry up ,let's take him to the bedroom." They rushed him to Devin's bed.

"He doesn't feel anything ,but his body is too damaged ". The doctor frowned. "He has fallen into a coma. I am not sure , but since he can't tell pain..." The doctor shook his head in dismay.

",When will he wake ?". Asked Dariah in shock."I don't know". The doctor sighed sadly. "This young man truly loves his wife." he shook his head. He was completely out of it. They are so sad for Molly . 

When the hail broke in the morning ,so did Molly's feverish state. She woke up refreshed. Seeing we're she was ,she was a bit confused. In the kitchen ,the doctor , Mr King and his wife pulled an all nighter to monitor Joel's and Molly's condition. They were drinking a cup of strong tea. Then seeing ,it was day break ,her siblings had already eaten breakfast,and we're playing in the snow. Going to the farm would be suicide.

Seeing her ,she saw their surprised reaction but smiled nonetheless",Hello ". Her cute dimpled smile and limpid eyes. Then her smile damped slowly ", Where is Joel ?". She asked. They looked down. Her eyes watered remembering his mummy like state ", Is...is he dead?". Her voice small and wavering. Dariah stood up hurriedly ", No no honey ,he is alive."se said wiping the girls tears. "Where is he? He always wakes up before and cooks breakfast. He..he promised that when I get pregnant he'll make me breakfast in bed," her Eyes teared ,then said ", Where is he?". She asked with a small voice.

Her mother held her hand and led her to the room. Seeing her husband she cried running to him,but seeing his numerous bandages she didn't even know how to touch him. She just stood over him,her shoulders shaking ", What happened ?". She asked knowing her mother was behind her. Dariah walked towards her baby girl", You were burning up ,and hail about to hit. He decided to bring you here. Along the way an accident occurred,he shielded your body is that you don't get harmed. Then leaving you here he fetched the doctor ,then had him check you first. After finding out your were okay ,the doctor helped him,but he was very severe. After helping you sleep ,he fainted right away. Then fell into a coma." she said . The young girl cried",Why is he so stupid. It was just a fever. It would've broken through by morning." she cried looking at her mother.

Dariah's heart broke." Because he loves you a lot and cannot bear to see you in pain". Molly cried into her embrace then. Dariah comforted her as best she could. Molly said ",What if he doesn't recover ,what am I to do. What about my baby ?". She asked sniffling. Dariah held Molly at arms length and cleared the girl's tears ",Listen to me. You have to be strong for the both of them. Your baby needs you to be healthy. And to I that you should be positive. Think happy thoughts. Feed your baby. I know one man was in a coma for three years but woke up due to his daughter's persistence in talking to him." she encouraged her. But she too was wavering due to his severe condition. Molly calmed down and said ",We need money. Uhm , back home there is money in a sachet by the kitchen ,let me fetch it so we can buy a new wagon,we are going to need it."

Dariah nodded ",Okay ,okay. But we will send your father and your brother. They will fetch it. You have to stay still. The doctor said the baby is weak".
Molly sighed. She didn't want to harm her baby . "Okay. Tell dad and Logan to go. And they should bring clothes as well for both of us. And tea. I need Joel's tea". She added. Dariah nodded to all of these. A pregnant women is always right and is supposed to be kept happy. She knows cause she was once or rather seven times an unreasonable woman. Wanting to take her away Molly said ",No I am fine. You can bring me food later. I will keep him company". Dariah sighed. Leaving her. She went to the kitchen. Mr King stood anxiously ",How is she ?". His eyes revealing deep sadness .

Dariah smiled ", She seems put together. She wants you and Logan to go to her house to fetch a satchet of money to pay the good doctor and to buy a new wagon".she said .
He nodded. Standing up to fetch his jacket. The doctor also stood",Actually Mr Strauss paid me rather handsomely . I can continue his treatment for free."
"Are you sure?".asked Mr king. "Yes ,sure sure. Let me get going." he said. As they were about to send him out

Dariah nodded ",Okay ,okay. But we will send your father and your brother. They will fetch it. You have to stay still. The doctor said the baby is weak".

He nodded. Standing up to fetch his jacket. The doctor also stood",Actually Mr Strauss paid me rather handsomely . I can continue his treatment for free."

"Are you sure?".asked Mr king. "Yes ,sure sure. Let me get going." he said. As they were about to send him out he denied vehemently and assured then he was fine . Then Mr King went to Molly. He found his little girl talking to her husband ", -actually you should not have worried. Just a small fever . Now look at yourself . You should wake up quickly, ah you remember you promised to make me breakfast when I get pregnant. Well now i am and all you doing is sleeping. Wake up. You have to wake up. I want to eat tofu,then soya dumplings ,beef dumplings . Ramen noddles in egg plant sauce. I am only craving your tea. Ow please wake up . " she said with a worried voice. She was seated on the bed near him. She frowned when he had no motion.

Mr King couldn't bear it any longer. He went to Molly and picked her up . She gasped but started giggling when he twirled her around. Dariah smiled at that, indeed she married the best man in the world.

",Ow you are heavy!". He exclaimed. Her twinkling laughter she giggled ",Only ,six times ,Joel can twirl me over twenty times ,besides we are two now". Her face bright once more. So easy it was to satisfy her. Mr King then said ",How about you drink some tea with e first before I leave?". He asked. She looked at her husband ",What if he wakes up?". Mr King sighed", Then let's drink it here." he suggested. She nodded. Dariah said ",I will get the tea".

Author's note

vote

comment

share

love you all, aurriccah