What. An. Idiot.

The Great Hall, September 1st 1989, 6:03 p.m.

I walked into the great hall, very excited for my first year at Hogwarts. I was a muggle born but my older sister had gone to school here as well. She was a Hufflepuff through and through. I waited in the long line of kids to be called for sorting. I heard the sound of some whispering behind me.

 I turned to see two scrawny, identical red heads sniggering and whispering to each other. I turned right back around and ignored them, they were being awfully loud and annoying. I zoned out and waited to hear my name. I hadn't made any friends on the way here, so I just watched other children get happily sorted into their houses.  

After 30 minutes of agony, "Y/N, Y/L/N" Professor McGonagall announced. I cracked my knuckles and pushed through the crowd. I sat under the old brown hat and let out a deep breath. 

"Hmmm... very sarcastic. Witty, a thirst for learning. Oh but you are quite loyal. Hmmm... it better be... Ravenclaw!" The hat announced with its deep, booming voice. 

I smiled and made my way to the table filled with blue.  I sat down and received several congratulations from older students at my table. I quietly watched as other kids sat under the hat before smiling widely. 

"Fred Weasley." McGonagall stated next. One of the lanky boys sat under the hat. 

It had barely touched his head when the hat roared, "Gryffindor!" 

The maroon table cheered and welcomed him. 

His identical brother walked under the hat as well when Professor yelled, "George Weasley." He walked up and smiled at his brother. He sat under the hat and slightly smirked, as if he was up to no good.

 "Gryffindor!" The hat yelled once again. 

The boy grinned and threw a circular shape up in the air. Several different colored fireworks shot up into the air. Some taking the forms of dragons, others were different magical creatures. 

I rolled my eyes and turned to the table. How disruptive, why do teenage boys have to be so annoying? I wondered. Luckily, there were only 3 more students left before the feast began.

 Professor McGonagall brushed the soot off the hat and continued calling names. 

The last kids were sorted into Slytherin and Hufflepuff. 

Dumbledore introduced himself and with a snap of his fingers, food had appeared on the table. 

My eyes lit up and I immediately dug in. I grabbed several different food items and started eating. Everything was strangely delicious, I glanced at the Gryffindor table to see the two twin boys still snickering and whispering to each other. I shook my head and continued to eat. 

Charms classroom, September 4th 1989, 8:57 a.m.

I sat down in my assigned seat, three minutes early for my first day of charms. I had the first weekend off and I actually managed to make a friend.

 Her name was Ruth Atkinson. We both got along since we liked to read.

 I spent the rest of the weekend organizing my new dorm. I zoned out for the next three minutes until Professor Flitwick walked in and began to call roll. I took my wand out of my robe pocket and set it in the desk's divot. It was a Redwood wand with a Unicorn hair core that was 14" long and extremely flexible.

 "Y/N, Y/L/N" Flitwick called. I raised my hand, "Here." I nervously stated. 

I looked two seats to the left of me. It was one of those scrawny red head boys that had been messing around on Friday.