Why do you have to be so charming?

Ravenclaw tower, January 1st 1995, 10:06 a.m.

I woke up to Ruth groggily shaking me.

"What?" I asked, exhausted.

"Fred needs you."

I slowly got out of bed, adjusting my shorts and T-shirt as I did so. I walked into the corridor to see Fred leaning against the wall, also in his pajamas.

"What do you need?" I asked

"George is really hungover and I need your help."

"Of course he is."

We silently walked to Gryffindor tower, finally reaching the dorms.

George was laying next to the toilet, clearly recovering from throwing up.

We picked him up and sat him in front of the sink. Fred got him a change of clothes while I carefully fed him water.

I stood him up and helped him brush his teeth. Vigorously. 

Fred assisted him in changing his shirt and we both laid him back in bed. Fred left the room. So I was stuck feeding him bread and water like a baby.

30 minutes later

I glanced at George to see he had woken up from his nap, slightly more energetic than before.

"Oh, hello." he muttered with a tired voice.

"Hey."

He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Did you have fun last night?"

"No."

"Anyways, I met this girl, right. Great kisser. I think she's from Beauxbatons. But we were dancing, right?"

I could feel my vision become blurry again, I wiped my eyes before the tears could fall.

"And she just undoes my shirt and kisses me and like straight up puts her tongue in my mouth and so-"

I couldn't handle it anymore. I jumped up, leaving George in the room alone. I walked into the common room. I sat on the couch and stared into the fire as the tears fell. How could he be such a jackass?

George bursts into the common room behind me, "Why the bloody hell are you so upset?" he yells.

I stand up and turn towards him, "Because you cannot go one minute without talking about yourself! I say one thing and you have to turn the conversation back to you. I mean GOD FORBID that I talk about my issues!" I quickly realize that we've moved closer together, George is now a few feet from me. He's hot when he's mad. Oh dear Lord, shut up!

He scoffs, "Are you kidding me! Why are you so upset that I had a good time last night and you didn't? What's the big issue here?"

"Yeah, you are right George! Glad you finally took the attention off yourself to realize that I had the worst time last night! I was a nervous wreck to go to the ball with the boy I have hated since first year, then that faded away when you pretended to be interested in me and then I had to sit back a watch you take shot after shot then kissing ANOTHER GIRL! After that, I made the right choice to leave only to be grabbed by some jerk then heading to my dorm to cry myself to sleep!"

"Why did you cry yourself to sleep?" He asked half disgusted and half concerned.

"IT'S OBVIOUS BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE ATTENTION OFF YOURSELF TO REALIZE IT!"

"I can't realize it?! You're the one that's too scared to admit the truth!"

"What 'truth' George!?"